Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Have row Car and still want to lower it a bit, what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 05:06 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I still need to make measurements but visually the row pasm seem to be higher a tad bit than most of those who put on eibach or techart springs. Mike is driver with lots of experience and maybe for him doing a mod should have the accompanying max performance gain; suspension mod-only bilstein coilovers will do, but the lowering springs like most say, seem to have its complement of incremental performance gain together with the lower ride not to mention reasonable price, and this seem to be what most want. It seems I will be going with eibach/tech arts which have very good reviews. I just have to research more on whether there are other parts that need to be changed to ensure tire life does not suffer. Awrr, did you simply put on the springs with no additional mods and were you ok with alignment? No dogbone replacements or camber plates or strut replacements ?
Old 07-15-2015, 05:25 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
I still need to make measurements but visually the row pasm seem to be higher a tad bit than most of those who put on eibach or techart springs. Mike is driver with lots of experience and maybe for him doing a mod should have the accompanying max performance gain; suspension mod-only bilstein coilovers will do, but the lowering springs like most say, seem to have its complement of incremental performance gain together with the lower ride not to mention reasonable price, and this seem to be what most want. It seems I will be going with eibach/tech arts which have very good reviews. I just have to research more on whether there are other parts that need to be changed to ensure tire life does not suffer. Awrr, did you simply put on the springs with no additional mods and were you ok with alignment? No dogbone replacements or camber plates or strut replacements ?
The springs are the only parts you need. No additional mods and I was told that my alignment numbers after the install were brought back within OEM specs. I didn't see the numbers myself though, but I stressed that I just wanted a regular alignment to OEM specs, not an aggressive alignment for tracking. No dogbone or camber plates. I used my existing OEM struts. I am extremely happy with my techarts and highly recommend them. Here's my latest pic with OEM 5mm spacers.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:03 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Very nice! Really love those wheels I think they are the best on a 997.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:09 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Very nice! Really love those wheels I think they are the best on a 997.
Thanks! I think so too. They're my favorite OEM wheels. I actually like all of the 19" OEM wheels, but these are my favorite. The extra half inch in width and 305-size rear tires makes a big difference. I've seen you post but can't remember what your car looks like. Can you post a pic?
Old 07-16-2015, 12:04 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

i've said it before but your car+stance looks perfect.

Originally Posted by awrryan
Old 07-16-2015, 12:13 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
i've said it before but your car+stance looks perfect.
Thanks! I'm really happy with it. And the ride quality too! I look forward to driving it more because it's a completely different drive (for the better) than before. It's way more fun to drive.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:39 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Made my measurements, 690mm rear and 680mm front measured from thefloor to the fender. It seems the techart/eibach springs do copy spasm levels which are 10mm lower than pasm row level.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:00 PM
jcsomerv
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default I Have row Car and still want to lower it a bit, what are my options?

Made my measurements, 690mm rear and 680mm front measured from thefloor to the fender. It seems the techart/eibach springs do copy spasm levels which are 10mm lower than pasm row level.
Very interesting and confirms what I had heard other places and that is that ROW and USA are now the same height - no difference. In past Porsches there was a difference but not on this generation.

You should do the mod - will make your car look much better - very highly recommend spacers (I have 5 and 15mm respectively) to finish the look

Quick Reply: I Have row Car and still want to lower it a bit, what are my options?