Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Have row Car and still want to lower it a bit, what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 07:35 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts
Default I Have row Car and still want to lower it a bit, what are my options?

my car is a row 997.2 S With pasm, I want to lower it some more, what are my options? Will the eibach springs lower it more than the current row setting or will it not make a difference. I know it makes a difference with us cars or maybe there is a set made for row cars?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:03 PM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What are you trying to accomplish that will make it a better car? Have you considered how much thought Porsche engineers gave to the design and function of the suspension? Are you aware of the damage you can cause to the drive line by having your wheels making contact with the body under full suspension compression? What size tires are you now using? How do you use your car? Are you going to a low rider convention? Have you thought of what too stiff a suspension can do to your fillings?
Old 07-10-2015, 10:38 PM
jcsomerv
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Have a read of EMC2's posts in Rennlist. Give you all the measurements you need to answer your question about Tech Art (Eibach is similar, h&r 1/4 inch lower) Lowering spring heights from ground to fender bottom. You can compare those measurements to you existing ROW height and get your answer.

Also many posts here about ride quality with Tech Art springs, which is terrific on 997.2. Tech Arts lower about same as factory sPASM so do not worry you are not doing anything that the factory wouldn't do.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:29 AM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I think youll find all the lowering springs are about the same and row is the same already. Youll have to go to a coilover to make it adjustable lower. I think youll find it will start scraping on everything.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:37 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Letting air out of tires is easiest and cheapest way to achieve maximum lowness.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:20 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

More aesthetic really, I want ride height similar to row spasm.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For the most control I'd go with coil-overs, and personally I'm not a fan of Eibach in general. I think KW has springs that are height adjustable, and you'd keep your stock shocks.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:00 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by johnireland
What are you trying to accomplish that will make it a better car? Have you considered how much thought Porsche engineers gave to the design and function of the suspension? Are you aware of the damage you can cause to the drive line by having your wheels making contact with the body under full suspension compression? What size tires are you now using? How do you use your car? Are you going to a low rider convention? Have you thought of what too stiff a suspension can do to your fillings?
Now I understand some of the other members' comments directed at you.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:11 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slicky rick
my car is a row 997.2 S With pasm, I want to lower it some more, what are my options? Will the eibach springs lower it more than the current row setting or will it not make a difference. I know it makes a difference with us cars or maybe there is a set made for row cars?
I think you may be able to install the Sport Pasm springs. Search for EMC2's posts about his research. He included a link in one of his posts to a member of a different forum who went exactly that route. All he did was change the Pasm springs to OEM sport Pasm springs. You may need new spring perches or something else but those parts are not a big deal. If I had Pasm on my car, I would probably still have gone with techart sport springs, but I would have considered the sport Pasm springs.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:13 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan
I think you may be able to install the Sport Pasm springs. Search for EMC2's posts about his research. He included a link in one of his posts to a member of a different forum who went exactly that route. All he did was change the Pasm springs to OEM sport Pasm springs. You may need new spring perches or something else but those parts are not a big deal. If I had Pasm on my car, I would probably still have gone with techart sport springs, but I would have considered the sport Pasm springs.
damn, this is very tempting! i wonder how/if 997.2 spasm springs would work on 997.1 pasm.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:01 PM
jcsomerv
Instructor

Originally Posted by gpjli2
Letting air out of tires is easiest and cheapest way to achieve maximum lowness.
... And I wasted all that money on new springs. Genius.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:37 PM
jcsomerv
Instructor

Slicky Rick. Did you measure your ROW car to fender bottoms all the way around? What are the results?
Old 07-14-2015, 12:28 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
If you want to lower on the cheap for plusher status...get springs.

If you want to lower properly get something like Bilstein B16 Damptronics coilovers.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:48 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

I meant to say in my earlier post that you should consider Techart springs. I'm really happy with them.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:03 AM
jcsomerv
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrums
If you want to lower on the cheap for plusher status...get springs.

If you want to lower properly get something like Bilstein B16 Damptronics coilovers.
That's a nonsense post. What I think you meant to say is for street only use, springs are the way to go. For track use, get coilovers. That is more reasonable, objective and accurate.

In case you missed it there are many of us very happy with springs as is Shark Werks in their 997.2 Tuning guide.

Quick Reply: I Have row Car and still want to lower it a bit, what are my options?