Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:11 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 445 Likes on 264 Posts
Default New GMG Aftermarket Seat mounting kit - 996/997/991/981

Introducing the new GMG Porsche seat base mounting kit for aftermarket one-piece bucket seat installation.
With limited space in the driver and passenger compartment, fitting aftermarket seats can be a difficult task due to the center console and protruding door panel. The system we have devised and tested supplies ample amount of adjustment so that these clearance issues can be resolved.

Features:

Sub strap mounting bar
In order to have the seat mounted as low as possible, the sub strap mounting bar allows the driver to eliminate eye bolts for sub strap mounting.

One-piece, 3/8 inch steel construction
To strengthen the design, we have eliminated the welding of mounting points and now use a stamped piece of 3/8 steel.

Range of adjustment
Three different widths are provided to accommodate a wide range of aftermarket seats, as well as clearance of the center console and door panel.

Factory Seat Belt Compatible
Added provisions are included to retain the factory seat belt receptacle.

Compatibility:

Sparco: Evo, Evo II, Evo II-US, Pro-ADV, Pro 2000
Sabelt: GT-160 (medium and large)
Recaro: SPG, Pole Position
Seat compatibility list is not limited to only these seats, feel free to call, PM or Email if there is another seat you would compatibility information on.

For all questions and inquiries, please email Dom@gmgracing.com

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Last edited by gmgracing; 05-28-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:23 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It has been a little over a year now since we released the seat mounting kit. Over the past months the mounting system has proved itself very convenient for many people looking to install aftermarket seats.

Here is a recent example of a more creative installation. This customer leather-wrapped a set of Sparco seats and mounted them to the chassis with the GMG seat mounting kits. Add in the GMG RSR Roll Cage, Schroth Harnesses, and CocoMats, and you have a a very nicely-appointed cockpit.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is exactly what I need for the 2012 GTS with sand beige full leather interior I'm preparing for road/track use. Will your mounting hardware allow me use the large size Sparco Ergo seat? I'm thinking of selling the Perlon GT2 seats coming out of my 09 C2S if I can find a way to fit the large Ergos. Really like to have halos while on track.
Thank you,
Mike

Originally Posted by gmgracing
It has been a little over a year now since we released the seat mounting kit. Over the past months the mounting system has proved itself very convenient for many people looking to install aftermarket seats.

Here is a recent example of a more creative installation. This customer leather-wrapped a set of Sparco seats and mounted them to the chassis with the GMG seat mounting kits. Add in the GMG RSR Roll Cage, Schroth Harnesses, and CocoMats, and you have a a very nicely-appointed cockpit.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:57 PM
awfilms
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice, yall should post some pricing.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:35 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cloudspin
This is exactly what I need for the 2012 GTS with sand beige full leather interior I'm preparing for road/track use. Will your mounting hardware allow me use the large size Sparco Ergo seat? I'm thinking of selling the Perlon GT2 seats coming out of my 09 C2S if I can find a way to fit the large Ergos. Really like to have halos while on track.
Thank you,
Mike
Hi Mike, I sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by awfilms
Nice, yall should post some pricing.
Good point, you can find out more information by clicking here.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:05 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Got it. I ordered Ergo mediums and will look for someone locally to do the leather. I may be contacting you about the GMG mounts if the standard Sparco/BK pieces don't fit properly. Thank you!

[QUOTE=gmgracing;13371711]Hi Mike, I sent you a PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:46 PM
M3 Defector
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 27 Posts

That set up looks great. I wish I had seen this earlier! I have beige interior and plan to do the same as well paint the seat backs in silver to match other interior silver.

When installing aftermarket seats like this will there always be an airbag light because the airbags in the OEM seats are removed?
Old 08-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I have same intentions to replace factory seats with thorax airbag with more aggressive seats. I have been asking numerous shops and dealerships about the dash light. I have pulled seats in past when I installed my roll bar. According to car manual, the entire air bag system becomes disabled which was confirmed by 2 dealerships in Houston area. Of those two, one says they can "likely" program out the seat airbag while the other says they can not.

It seems insane the numerous seat choices from Porsche if the seat bag can not be programmed. Regardless, I have not pulled the trigger on new seats yet: must insure the remainder of air bag system is still functioning for occasional street use, otherwise it forces you to buy expensive GT2 style seat with airbag. It sucks that nobody seems to offer a concrete answer to this.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:29 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

Yes you can decommission the individual bags. In my car, I turned off the steering wheels airbag since I replaced my wheel with a cup wheel that doesn't have an air bag. My passenger dash and both seat bags are still functional.

Dealers don't like to do this because of the liability.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:49 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I am curious, is your car still used on street. Does normal street insurer still offer coverage when factory air bags have been removed or disabled, especially the steering wheel?
Old 08-14-2016, 08:33 AM
MemeMagno
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GMG seat base mounting kit could be installed in a 997 with the Sparco SPX?
Old 08-14-2016, 12:18 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider89
I am curious, is your car still used on street. Does normal street insurer still offer coverage when factory air bags have been removed or disabled, especially the steering wheel?
Call your insurance.

Quick Reply: New GMG Aftermarket Seat mounting kit - 996/997/991/981