Sponsored by:

Another Place to Buy Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:15 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Sunset Porsche in OR has been my source.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:45 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Sunset Porsche in OR has been my source.
www.porschepartshub.com

Best price for genuine Porsche parts and great customer service.

For Bosh parts such as starters, alternators, O2 sensors, coolant fans, and MAF, etc. get the Bosch parts from Amazon.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rock Auto is a good place to order parts from, but beware buying the cheaper brands like Uro Parts.

I ordered a full bushing set to fix my dad's V70 T5's front suspension, and all the bushings needed to be replaced again a year later.

Pelican is usually my go-to, even with the slight price premium and somewhat high shipping charges, since I'm located in Chicago, the parts quality and service is top notch.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
No one's mentioned AutohausAZ yet! I've got lots of stuff from them.
+1

Best prices I've seen so far. I also have the added benefit of living in the Phoenix area and I can order from them online and do the "will call" pick up and not pay any shipping.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice. +1 on not using Uro parts. Utter junk. I have mixed feelings about Meyle too - any one else have experience with them? For my Benz, it's Lemfoerder or bust, as long as it's available of course.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:08 PM
Chrono
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Parts Geek is good for general stuff.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:46 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Nice. +1 on not using Uro parts. Utter junk. I have mixed feelings about Meyle too - any one else have experience with them? For my Benz, it's Lemfoerder or bust, as long as it's available of course.
On BMW, Meyle control arms have mostly positive reviews. They replace the whole control arms on some cars becuase you can't replace the bushing. Lemfoerder is better but for some BMW part's it's not much cheaper, like $10 savings on a $300 part.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Series
On BMW, Meyle control arms have mostly positive reviews. They replace the whole control arms on some cars becuase you can't replace the bushing. Lemfoerder is better but for some BMW part's it's not much cheaper, like $10 savings on a $300 part.
That's good to know. I replaced a fuel pump on my old C43 with a Meyle piece, but it began acting up just about a week later. Went with a Pierburg OE unit and it was fine after that - the incident led to my hesitance with Meyle. I have seen some more positive comments on Meyle suspension components, so I thought I'd better ask.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

sonnen porsche also offers good prices on oe parts like sunset.

I use rm euro, ecs tuning, new-part.com, amazon, azautohaus, and autopartswarehouse for oem parts made by bosch and the like.

I used rock auto once for hard to find spark plugs. had an issue with two plugs, and they shipped me new ones, no questions asked. They don't carry much for my cars though, so they are not a go to for me.

Suncoast pricing can be great, or very high depending on the item. Pelican is overpriced like crazy, they are a last resort.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been ordering a lot from Amazon lately.

The free two day shipping clinches a lot of orders for me. They're building an auto parts warehouse in Wisconsin, towards the border with Illinois, so I hear.

Hopefully that means I can get parts in less than two days then ... Or will call pickup if I'm really desperate ...
Old 05-15-2015, 02:48 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I've used Rock Auto several times, most of them long before the annoying commercials. For Porsches in particular, check them out when you're buying brake pads- they've got a way better selection of pads and rotors than Pelican and the dealers. Usually pretty good prices, too. Just do your research- quality is quality no matter where it's sold, but crap is crap, too.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:36 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sjfehr
I've used Rock Auto several times, most of them long before the annoying commercials. For Porsches in particular, check them out when you're buying brake pads- they've got a way better selection of pads and rotors than Pelican and the dealers. Usually pretty good prices, too. Just do your research- quality is quality no matter where it's sold, but crap is crap, too.
Do your homework and research and you will see that Rock Auto's prices for the same oem part can not be beat. I have no affiliation, I just like saving money.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:16 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out warehouse33auto.com, I give Rennlister's 10% off on all parts in stock on the website. If interested, contact me.

-Jason

Quick Reply: Another Place to Buy Parts