Dash beeping sound on 07 911.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 06:00 PM
XxApollynxX
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash beeping sound on 07 911.

Hello car is a 2007 911 Turbo.

There is a faint almost 1/2 volume of the normal warnings coming from the left/front steering wheel area of the vehicle while driving. It will be probably in/out several times while driving. I did some searching and saw some people talked about key fob batteries tried both keys, did the same thing. I read about the IMMOBILIZER possibly having a battery that needs to be replaced.

It's not the speed warning that is turned off, or any other warning chime for seat belt etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-09-2015, 06:23 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by XxApollynxX
Hello car is a 2007 911 Turbo.

There is a faint almost 1/2 volume of the normal warnings coming from the left/front steering wheel area of the vehicle while driving. It will be probably in/out several times while driving. I did some searching and saw some people talked about key fob batteries tried both keys, did the same thing. I read about the IMMOBILIZER possibly having a battery that needs to be replaced.

It's not the speed warning that is turned off, or any other warning chime for seat belt etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Immobilizer has no battery so you can rule that out and remote batteries don't beep. You said you ruled out the speed warning (beep isn't occurring at same speed, correct?) so maybe previous owner left behind a battery operated blue tooth receiver or there is some other aftermarket device letting you know that a battery is low. Can you ask previous owner?
Old 05-11-2015, 12:51 PM
XxApollynxX
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Immobilizer has no battery so you can rule that out and remote batteries don't beep. You said you ruled out the speed warning (beep isn't occurring at same speed, correct?) so maybe previous owner left behind a battery operated blue tooth receiver or there is some other aftermarket device letting you know that a battery is low. Can you ask previous owner?
So, contacted the previous owner. I guess the integrated K40 Radar System will do this peeping if it doesn't run through its calibration phase or if it ever loses battery power. But all is well got it figured out!

Quick Reply: Dash beeping sound on 07 911.