Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close call today on 101N in the Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 06:35 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Experienced roughly the same thing today.

In the double express lanes going between 60 and 75 out of downtown Chicago this afternoon. Traffic starts to slow, Saturn directly ahead of me rear ends the truck in front of him then skids right into the pickup beside him. The first truck goes left into cement barrier and the two cars behind both do 360s bouncing off of each other and the cement barriers. Topped goes flying off camper and ends up in front of pickup that is now facing backward.

I slam on the brakes to immediately introduce distance between us, but then soften them so cars behind us don't hit me.

Brings both express lanes to a halt. Interestingly, these were both cars that I got over for as they were driving aggressively behind me.

When they came to a rest, they were both half in their lanes leaving a path for a single vehicle. Took my foot off the brake and drove u through unscathed.

Porsche brakes and situational awareness, there is no substitute.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:11 PM
omegaspdmster
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That corridor on 101 in burlingame is just a disaster with all the construction going on. 5/8 there was a 3 car pile up on the fast lane. Luckily I was just coming merging and past right through it on the right lane.

Quick Reply: Close call today on 101N in the Bay Area