Marlyand Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 10:04 AM
bradfordcu
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marlyand Inspection

Hi all!
New 2006 C2S owner here! I'm loving it! Now I have to get the horrible Maryland inspection. Does anyone know of a good/honest place in the Waldorf or southern MD area?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:12 AM
eviligloo
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Most service stations down there can do the inspection. Doesn't have to be any specific one. The MD inspection is really mostly just a general safety inspection. Just making sure you have life left in brake pads, tires, and wipers...that sort of thing.

Depending on where you go some shops barely open the hood.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:25 AM
bradfordcu
5th Gear

Thanks for the quick reply. The car is in great shape, but I worry the shops see Porsche and think easy money.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:28 PM
better late than never
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you self a favor and move out of Maryland LOL that's all I can say. Those inspections are ridiculous, they will always find stuff no matter what. Registering in AZ and Cali is like putting a quarter in a gum machine and turning the ****. Getting a used car inspected in Maryland is like paying taxes to the mob! The service stations club people to death! They write you up a **** list of fails and surprise, we can fix it all for you for 1500.00.

The worst thing is you can have a fresh inspection from VA or DC and they will not honor it.

Well that's my rant LOL
Old 05-01-2015, 01:22 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by better late than never
Do you self a favor and move out of Maryland LOL that's all I can say. Those inspections are ridiculous, they will always find stuff no matter what. Registering in AZ and Cali is like putting a quarter in a gum machine and turning the ****. Getting a used car inspected in Maryland is like paying taxes to the mob! The service stations club people to death! They write you up a **** list of fails and surprise, we can fix it all for you for 1500.00.

The worst thing is you can have a fresh inspection from VA or DC and they will not honor it.

Well that's my rant LOL
Can Porsche dealers do inspections in MD? If so, they would seem less likely to "find stuff".
Old 05-05-2015, 08:47 AM
bradfordcu
5th Gear

Well it's done and they nailed me for a license plate bulb! Can't complain abut that I guess. Thankfully that's the first and last time I have to get it inspected while I own it.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Come to SC. We don't even have vehicle inspections.

Quick Reply: Marlyand Inspection