Sponsored by:

997.1 won't go into reverse

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 03:41 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe a great opportunity to install a Short Shifter

Speak to David at Euro Spek ((416) 533-6666)), so you can compare quotes.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:06 PM
machdown
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I've been reading all the threads that halo777 has been writing about Village Luxury.

Right now I'm dealing with the service side of VLCI. I am usually a very good judge of character and I trust the main guy there. I don't however trust that guy Omid.

But what can I do. Force village luxury to fix the car on their dollar. Any suggestions on this?

I get that 36 day certification is not a warranty. However if the airbag light reappears a day after purchase then there is a warranty on that. I mean they are fixing that issue for me without pay.

In all fairness I really believe it was my dad's driving that messed up the car. We hit that speed bump hard. Yes my father is not allowed anywhere near the PCar.

I was kind of forced into buying the extended warranty. He tried telling me that the finance company would be more inclined to finance me the car if I showed I cared about it by buying a warranty. I knew that was bs. When he finally realized that I wasn't purchasing a warranty he told me I was the only one EVER to not buy one. He can go F himself!
Old 03-25-2015, 05:07 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

At that price just confirm that the dealer is replacing both cables.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:14 PM
machdown
Advanced

I will confirm. I will also ask that they show me the broken part. The price seems fair and inline from quotes ive been getting from other indys.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Kelvin38
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You might as well upgrade to a more robust shift cable (read: Numeric Racing type cable) to prevent this from happening again.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:40 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Nothing you can do on a non-safety related part. Broken parts comes with the territory, when buying a used car.

I wasn't even implying that they should fix it for no cost. They have no obligation to. I was just pointing out that TAB fixed my seat. And actually, it could probably be considered a safety related part also.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:43 PM
machdown
Advanced

How would I know if its safety related or not?

Do you think its worth making a fuss over or will it lead me nowhere as I could be in the wrong?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:25 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

It isnt safety related. Safety related stuff are things like tires, brakes, head lights, tail lights, seat belts, horn, etc. And even if that stuff goes, I dont think they have any obligation to fix it. They only have to say that it was working on the date the inspection was completed.

You can always ask them, but Im sure theyll just say no. Have you written an online review of the dealership yet on dealerrater.ca? That may be a bit of leverage if you have not. But even then, they are under no obligation to fix it. Theyll just tell you you should have bought a warranty.

My advice.... go see Brent at Hunter
Old 03-25-2015, 07:32 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 571 Likes on 340 Posts

^^ halo is right. they arent under any obligation to fix it as the reverse gear was working perfectly and never an issue at the time you bought the car from them. the airbag light is a different story as the light was on before you purchased the car and they had to do some tinkering to it, verifying that it was a known problem beforehand (before you bought the car) so in all fiarness and honesty, they should be fixing the airbag light.

they can do the shiftcable fix to be nice (and dont mind losing money), but are under no obligation in any way... if things get heated they will likely tell you that 'the aftermarket warranty you should have bought would have covered this' type of response.

and re the 'forced warranty'... the warranty is their real commission. they bank on the stats that 90% of the time the warranty works in their favour; and there are real horror stories everywhere that if your warranty claim comes close/exceeeds to what u paid for for the warranty itself ... you'll have more success squeezing blood out of a stone then receiving a warranty-claim cheque.

Quick Reply: 997.1 won't go into reverse