Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help...how much is my 2006 C2 Arctic Silver Wrapped Mexico Blue car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 12:54 PM
dw.metro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help...how much is my 2006 C2 Arctic Silver Wrapped Mexico Blue car worth?

Hi Everyone,

I just set my wife up with a cool 964 and I've now I've got the bug to go with my own air-cooled Porsche. In order to make the switch, I will need to sell my 2006 997.1 C2 with manual transmission. Not quite Mexico Blue as it is wrapped with 3M Intense Blue which is closer to Porsche Turquoise or Pure Blue. The car turns heads and puts smiles on faces wherever it goes!

My car is an original Northern California car which was brought up to Vancouver, BC, Canada in 2010. The color underneath the wrap is Arctic Silver and the current mileage is 33,000 miles. Being always a west coast car, it has no rust whatsoever...no accidents as well. It was just serviced last fall and runs beautifully. The wheels are Fuchs styled Avant Garde Rugers wrapped with Michelin Super Sports with 600 miles on them. See my signature below for the other mods. Original options include heated sport seats, navigation, tpms, sport exhaust (PSE). Please help me with what you think I should list my car for?

Thank you.

Last edited by dw.metro; 07-02-2015 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Collin Chapin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea, but let me know when you find out because I may be interested.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:23 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 176 Posts

Worth about as much as any other 2006 with that mileage? Although, I like the wrap I don't think I'd buy a wrapped car because I'd have no idea what the actual condition of the paint is and taking a paint meter to it would also be pointless I think.

Now, onto more important things. How do you like the intense blue? I thought it was closer to BMWs Laguna Seca Blue but haven't seen one in person yet.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:24 PM
yabawdy
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

~$50K

Call up Weissach, they can tell you a ballpark for Vancouver.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:34 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Hmm, the wrap may not be to everyone's liking, and hence may impact value... I suggest private sale for ones who would fall in love with the car as-is.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:58 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Came here to see a factory Mexico Blue car - thread didn't deliver. Why not change the topic to mention it's wrapped?
Old 03-22-2015, 09:07 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree, probably better to remove the wrap so potential buyer can see condition of paint! I wouldn't buy a wrapped car.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

It is a C2 base with some exterior mods and wrap, I think the mods look nice but I guess around $40 to $45k max
Old 03-22-2015, 11:50 PM
sambb
Instructor

Old 03-23-2015, 12:03 AM
IslandS52
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't buy a wrapped car either.

Last edited by IslandS52; 03-23-2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:15 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sambb
CDN or US?
Old 03-23-2015, 12:31 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 176 Posts

What kind of wing is that?
Old 03-23-2015, 12:40 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

The wrap makes it closer to Blue Turquoise or Pure Blue--not even close to Mexico Blue. But as you are reading, many don't care for a wrapped car. You just don't know what you're getting into. Since the car is essentially a silver car it's most common and that will negatively affect the price. I have seen some PTS cars commanding higher prices if the buyer seeks that out. But a wrap job, no matter how great, will never be the same as a special PTS car because it stops at the doors. You should list all the modifications you have made so that others can judge for themselves what they think it is worth.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:06 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

First, Ill say that in pics, your car looks amazing. When people ask "How much is my car worth?" on the forums, I always get the feeling that they are trying to promote selling their car, and don't really care what the response is going to be in regards to their actual question. But, since you asked, here is what I believe your car is worth...

The going price for a clean 2006 C2 is about $40k CAD from a dealership in Canada. Here is a local one in Toronto with similar mileage to yours, asking $41k, including certification and emission testing...

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/9...O&orup=2_15_33

If your car were actually factory Mexico Blue as you posted, then that may command a small premium. However, it's obviously not. It is vinyl wrapped. In my opinion, although the car looks amazing in pics, the wrap adds no value to the car because the buyer has no idea what it looks like underneath, and the door jams, inside hood, engine bay, etc, are still the factory color (silver in your case) and cheapen the feel of the car every time the door is opened.

Even at full value new, a wrap is only about $2000-$3000 CAD. And for that price you get your choice of colour and warranty. Wraps don't last forever, and you have to take special care of them or they will get thrashed quickly. Despite the manufactures claims, the guys in the thread below are saying a safe bet is one to two years.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showt...lon-wrap-vinyl

Next, your car is an import from the US. Plus, it has a wrap and a non-original front bumper. I wouldn't say this stuff is a huge problem, but it will lessen your pool of potential buyers.

The front bumper... is it OEM or aftermarket? Was it painted silver and the paint blended with the rest of the car, or was it installed just before the wrap, and then wrapped to match?

The wheels, lowering and ducktail spoiler look great, but dont add any value to the car.

Sport seats are great to have. I personally feel that sport seats add about $1000 to the value of a car. Probably balances out when you consider a slight diminished value due to the fact your car is originally from the US.

Private sale - knock off about $3-5k for private sale vs a dealership. You can't provide financing, aftermarket warranties, the protection a buyer gets from going through a dealership, accepting trade-ins, etc, therefore ruling out a large percentage of your potential buyers. Most people buying a $40k car will want to go through a dealership, unless they are getting a really good deal. I don't have any problems buying privately, but I expect to pay less than I would from a dealership.

I think a price that gets your car sold is $35k CAD. There is no harm in listing it for $40k or even $45k CAD, and seeing what happens. It is the type of car where you might just luck out and find the one guy to pay top dollar. But $35k is what I would consider a fair price on private sale.

If you could provide pics of the car right before the wrap, with the front bumper painted and properly blended with the rest of the car, then the value goes up a couple of grand. Although the blue looks amazing, I am wondering if you will actually get more money for the car if it is removed. If the car is in great shape underneath, with no rust or accident damage as you state, then I think it probably will.

One other tip... if you can sell this car in the US, you may get more. It is originally a US car, so exporting might not be that hard. Because of the USD/CAD exchange rate at the moment, you can get up to 20% more for the same car in the US.

GLWS
Old 03-23-2015, 01:50 AM
dw.metro
Racer

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Here is my car just days before the wrap and before the upgraded the wheels were installed.

The upgrades on the car are: OEM Aero Bumper, Getty Ducktail, Fuchs Styled Avant Garde Wheels, Techart Lowering Springs, OEM SSK, OEM Sport Steering Wheel, Dension Bluetooth, Rottec Front and Rear LED's, Rottec Carbon Fiber Headlight Rings, Lower Mirror Arms and Rear Diffuser.

Factory options: Heated sport seats, TPMS, Sport Exhaust (PSE), Bose, Navigation. I have all the original parts.

I can definitely remove the wrap if that's what it takes to facilitate a sale.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Help...how much is my 2006 C2 Arctic Silver Wrapped Mexico Blue car worth?