Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm finally ready to buy... does location make a huge difference?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 10:25 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

If you found a pristine condition cab in the NE and craving for the driving experience from CT to FL, by all mean get it now. If not, I would wait till FL to buy it.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:14 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

[QUOTE=ltcjmramos;12137871][QUOTE=Collin Chapin;12137818]...

If there's a financially responsible reason to buy in Florida, primarily that the car has never seen snow etc, I'm way more willing to wait.

If resale value is important to you, a CA/TX/AZ/FL... car, IMO, will have better marketability.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:34 AM
Collin Chapin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=ltcjmramos;12139435][QUOTE=ltcjmramos;12137871]
Originally Posted by Collin Chapin

If there's a financially responsible reason to buy in Florida, primarily that the car has never seen snow etc, I'm way more willing to wait.

To be fair I did make that comment before you recommended buying from those states. :P
Old 03-22-2015, 01:07 AM
eviligloo
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

It's more important to get the right car that's well taken care of and exactly what you want than a car in a convenient location.

Of course if you're looking for black, silver or gray or aren't particular with the options you want all bets are off. You'll have tons of selection so get it wherever you want.

As ltcjmramos said...unless you're taking back roads all the way the drive from CT to FL would be pretty boring. Lots of straight and flat roads headed down there on I 95. Plus you have to go through VA where if you go above 80 they put you in prison.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:11 AM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Just buy the car that strikes you even if it's in NE. How often do you see a 911 on a snowy day? They're all parked in the garage waiting for a nice day or no salt/snow on the ground.

When I first got mine, I used to be very **** about not driving it during winter season but I realized it's just a car and it is depreciating while it's in the garage. So now I drive mine during winter seasons but never when it's snowing or visible salt on the ground.

Good luck with search.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:23 AM
Collin Chapin
Instructor

Originally Posted by eviligloo
It's more important to get the right car that's well taken care of and exactly what you want than a car in a convenient location.

Of course if you're looking for black, silver or gray or aren't particular with the options you want all bets are off. You'll have tons of selection so get it wherever you want.

As ltcjmramos said...unless you're taking back roads all the way the drive from CT to FL would be pretty boring. Lots of straight and flat roads headed down there on I 95. Plus you have to go through VA where if you go above 80 they put you in prison.
I had looked and avoiding all highways "only" adds 12 or so hours making it a 33 hour drive which I wouldn't mind.

I am pretty picky about what options I'm looking for so everything you guys have said has made me feel better about maybe just buying one up here if the timing is right. I used the 911 locator and so far cannot find a single car that meets my needs... So if I come across it I probably won't wait.

Quick Reply: I'm finally ready to buy... does location make a huge difference?