Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn damn damn - I will wait and lurk
Old 02-09-2015, 02:10 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunt3R
I added it to my 05 C2S with a MT and it's totally worth it IMO only if you intend to ever drive your car on the track. You get 3 things with the sport mode software on a MT car:
  1. Sport throttle mapping - the throttle responds quicker and has a more direct curve to full power. It's a very noticeable difference, but personally I find it more of a pain to activate around town in traffic. It can help with heel-toe'ing on a track.
  2. Hard rev limiter - instead of cutting ignition when you hit the rev limit with the standard soft rev limiter, thereby lurching the car for an instant as it loses power, with the hard rev limiter you can hold the throttle at redline and bounce it off the limiter, which can again be very useful on the track.
  3. Fully disable PSM - You can turn the traction\stability control off on any 911 but it will always reintervene at a set threshold when the tires lose traction. However, if the car is in Sport mode then you can "almost" fully disable PSM and it will not reintervene until a much lower threshold, once again very useful on the track but not so much for street driving.
Great post here. Thank you for this info. I'll track it more next year and will probably add the software then.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:04 AM
oronymo
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

I believe it does one more thing: supposedly you can put PSM into sport mode where it somewhere between “off” and on - it will let you slide to a certain degree before intervening.

I’m curious if anyone can validate this for a 997.1? And what it’s like in real life?

I test drove a few to try this but with a salesman in the passenger seat never really fully tested those limits and the car I ended up buying doesn’t have sport chrono - but if it does throttle mapping AND this psm-lite mode, that might be worth retrofitting.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:18 AM
mindu
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add a Sprint Booster

add a $300 Sprint Booster and enjoy much better throttle response than Sport Crono And if ya don’t like it you can return it I installed one in my 987 S and it was unreal. Ordering one for the 997.2TT before the spring
Old 02-27-2019, 11:28 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

Sport Chrono is a good bit more than just a throttle mapping adjustment, which is all you get with sprint booster. Sport Chrono alters the steering response. It also changes how PSM (stability management) reacts so that PSM will not intervene as much. It also will adjust the damping if you have PASM. In addition to all that if you have a PDK (or even tiptronic) gearbox is changes the shift characteristics and provides launch control.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:37 PM
mindu
AutoX

Originally Posted by Fined
Sport Chrono is a good bit more than just a throttle mapping adjustment, which is all you get with sprint booster. Sport Chrono alters the steering response. It also changes how PSM (stability management) reacts so that PSM will not intervene as much. It also will adjust the damping if you have PASM. In addition to all that if you have a PDK (or even tiptronic) gearbox is changes the shift characteristics and provides launch control.

my point was I know from experience that the Sprint Booster will surpass the throttle response of what Porsche offers with or without Sport Crono. And will yield great dividends in the sluggish throttle area.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:57 PM
aacocella1
3rd Gear

Sprint Booster is beast!

Quick Reply: Adding Sport Chrono?