Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny stories about pretty women and car repair stores....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015 | 09:42 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Default Funny stories about pretty women and car repair stores....

You would think the word would be out about car repair places and their sneaky tactics. My lovely wife took her 2 yr old Infinity SUV in for new tires. I shopped around and got one of our local tire stores to beat Tirerack's price. I carefully instructed her as always not to let them sell her anything else. Fortunately she was able to call me at the office to say they were offering her a free alignment. No cost unless they had to make an 'adjustment', $60 for one axle and $80 for the other. I told her to decline, but let them sell her the nitrogen for 5 bucks a tire. I'm sure you guys have funny stories like this.

Jim
Old 01-17-2015 | 11:08 PM
SnP
Racer

When my wife was my girlfriend she had her Honda Accord at a Firestone for a wheel bearing.

When she went to pick it up they said she had to buy pads and rotors all the way round because her car was a rolling death trap.

She called me, I came over, fired it up and pedal went to floor. Checked master cylinder and it was empty.

Told the guy behind the counter we weren't going to have any more work done and he launched into a long rant about how the car was dangerous.

I stopped him and told him to fill the master cylinder back up or I was going to call the police and have him arrested for attempted murder.

He shut up and put the car back the way it was.
Old 01-18-2015 | 01:00 AM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Similar situation on my mother-in-laws car. They told her, get this....she needed new head gaskets for her 2001 Camry. The car was overheating because it was leaking from the head. She called me, I went by the place and asked them if they did anything with the thermostat. First when I got there, they had a little antifreeze on the ground but it was too clean so that made me more suspicious. They started the car within a few min of warming up, temp started to rise quickly. I asked him for the old thermostat and made him put it back in and start the car. Now he was looking nervous. Guess what, no problem at all with the old thermostat and temps were fine. Now, they told her the engine could go without the head gaskets being replaced and quoted her nearly $2k. I called the tech a crook and then told the shop owner he was a crook too. Told them we werent paying one red cent for anything and did the same thing as SNP. Try and stop me from taking her car and I'll call the Police and tell them exactly what crap had been done. I was just roaring to go!! Really a shame.
Old 01-18-2015 | 11:38 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Methinks that I would've called the police one way or the other on this matter...I would have had a very difficult time keeping my cool in this instance and salute you for you tactics!

Originally Posted by SnP
When my wife was my girlfriend she had her Honda Accord at a Firestone for a wheel bearing.

When she went to pick it up they said she had to buy pads and rotors all the way round because her car was a rolling death trap.

She called me, I came over, fired it up and pedal went to floor. Checked master cylinder and it was empty.

Told the guy behind the counter we weren't going to have any more work done and he launched into a long rant about how the car was dangerous.

I stopped him and told him to fill the master cylinder back up or I was going to call the police and have him arrested for attempted murder.

He shut up and put the car back the way it was.
Old 01-18-2015 | 03:02 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

I don't know if it helps but I usually tell her to act like she knows what she is talking about, and leave the nice handbag at home. She rarely listens though. I think that is why I like my Porsche indy so much. He is a total P enthusiast but he usually tries to talk me out of doing things that don't make sense, eg plugs every 4 yrs!
Jim

Quick Reply: Funny stories about pretty women and car repair stores....