Sponsored by:

More Formal Intro - New Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 11:48 PM
ID4688V
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Default More Formal Intro - New Member

I purchased a MY2007 997S 2 years ago. I purchased it from a dealer on the internet and I had to travel about 500 Miles to get the car. Here is what it looked like the day I brought it home:

My first observations were that the car was taken care of, however, a few minor items needed attention. Here is what I did to the car:

- New Tires all around - The tires it had were mismatch
- New PCM - original had a glitch screen
- New Battery
- Service performed by PORSCHE included the following:
-- New Wiper Blades
-- New Oil Filler Cap
-- New Oil Filler Tube
-- New Idler Pulleys and belt
-- All fluids Changed
-- Spark Plugs Changed w/Tune-up
Then I added the following:
-- Clear Side Markers
-- New Wheels
-- Eibach Springs with new alignment
-- Trickle Charger - for winter storage. (Even though I will pull it out for a few miles on a nice day.)
-- Rennline Track Mats
-- Rennline Pedals

Here is what it looks like now:

Hopefully I am going in the right direction with the car.

Next items in the spring:
-- Drop In Filter
-- 200 Cel Cats
-- Software Tune

Last edited by ID4688V; 01-11-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:07 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 106 Posts

Nice car! How is the ride with eibachs?
Old 01-11-2015, 09:25 AM
rc 82nd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car!!!!
Personified.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:52 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 359 Posts

Wow, thats a great demonstration of pride of ownership, attention to detail, and tastefulness! I notice you have the full leather interior too!

All very nice. Congrats and welcome to the forum... I'd guess you'll be able to teach many of us things that few know about the car when the right questions come along.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,245 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Wow, thats a great demonstration of pride of ownership, attention to detail, and tastefulness! I notice you have the full leather interior too!

All very nice. Congrats and welcome to the forum... I'd guess you'll be able to teach many of us things that few know about the car when the right questions come along.
+ 1.

Congrats on the car, two years late, and welcome to the Forum.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:43 PM
ID4688V
Intermediate

Originally Posted by awrryan
Nice car! How is the ride with eibachs?
The ride feels just like the factory ride (FYI - I do have PASM) - It just looks better to me. I was originally concerned about the side effects and did a lot of research before purchasing the springs. It was definitely the right decision for me.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:45 PM
ID4688V
Intermediate

Originally Posted by StormRune

Thanks for the compliments on the car. As far as "teaching" ... I doubt it. I am just taking my time using this forum for research and making a decision. This forum has been a great resource and inspiration.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:02 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by ID4688V
The ride feels just like the factory ride (FYI - I do have PASM) - It just looks better to me. I was originally concerned about the side effects and did a lot of research before purchasing the springs. It was definitely the right decision for me.
I agree. Your car looks amazing. Just right. Not slammed at all. I'm thinking about going With Eibach or techart springs but I have not get pulled the trigger because I'm concerned about the ride. I don't have pasm on my base Carrera. Where did you do your research? This forum? Other forums?
Old 01-11-2015, 03:13 PM
ID4688V
Intermediate

Originally Posted by awrryan
I agree. Your car looks amazing. Just right. Not slammed at all. I'm thinking about going With Eibach or techart springs but I have not get pulled the trigger because I'm concerned about the ride. I don't have pasm on my base Carrera. Where did you do your research? This forum? Other forums?
This forum has some good information along with some others. I also have had quite a few cars in the past, all of which I "improved" the suspension. I have used Hotchkis, H&R and Eibach springs on my other vehicles and my personal opinion is that each has its strength according to what your goals are.

For my 997, I did not want the car to sit too low for risk of limiting the suspension travel and possibly having a negative affect on PASM. I have made the mistake in the past of lowering too much and having the suspension hit the "bump stops" too frequently. -- With my Eibach Pro Kit I have never hit the bump stops.

I wanted a spring that was TUV approved (TUV = German Auto Inspection - Toughest there is) to work with the Stock Porsche 997 with PASM.

I also liked the progressive characteristics of the Eibach's.

There is a ton of information out there.... just take the time to research and find a spring that meets your goals.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:11 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 603 Likes on 357 Posts

nice upgrades
Old 01-11-2015, 06:23 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Good choice on Eibachs and glad to hear your feedback. I changed out a lot of springs over the years on various cars and hands down, I always appreciated Eibachs the most because they were the perfect balance of drop, handling and ride. Car looks amazing and welcome too!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:21 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to rennlist

The car turned out great!

Quick Reply: More Formal Intro - New Member