Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche getting crazy with their emblems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015 | 09:49 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by johnireland
Porsche isn't alone in graphics excess. And it isn't just the signage. Wheels of elephantine size, painted brake calipers just to make sure everyone can see them, wheel designs and color schemes that seem more appropriate in graphic novels.

And then of course we have horsepower we rarely (and sanely?) have a chance to use. Lambo, Ferrari, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Porsche, Corvette, all impressive but also mostly impracticle.

If the new Alfa Romeo 4C came in a 2+2 it would probably be sitting in my garage.
Boy are you spot on... Take another industry we all consume... media. Notice the silicone implants, collagen injected lips, two inch eyelashes, three inch finger nails, butts the size of a bucket of cottage cheese....... to me it is the same stupid logic of 20" wheels. When is Porsche going to make spinners a factory wheel option?

I tore the logo off of my old Boxster S. It would grab my soap sponge and I was always picking out cotton fibers. I suspect this spring, I will yank my Carrera S. Just use some dental floss, then rub out with a mild, chemical abrasive.

Peace
Bruce in Phily
Old 01-11-2015 | 12:14 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly

Boy are you spot on... Take another industry we all consume... media. Notice the silicone implants, collagen injected lips, two inch eyelashes, three inch finger nails, butts the size of a bucket of cottage cheese....... to me it is the same stupid logic of 20" wheels. When is Porsche going to make spinners a factory wheel option?

I tore the logo off of my old Boxster S. It would grab my soap sponge and I was always picking out cotton fibers. I suspect this spring, I will yank my Carrera S. Just use some dental floss, then rub out with a mild, chemical abrasive.

Peace
Bruce in Phily
Spot on with the dental floss when you've got a convex surface. That is a great trick!
Old 01-11-2015 | 03:54 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

I have an oem Aerokit sitting in my garage ready to be fitted to my car....when I get it from Flat6 in March. I'm torn between leaving it naked, adding the Carrera S tags or maybe just 911 S. If I could find a 4.0 badge I'd do that but I'm leaning naked. We know what our cars are.
Old 01-12-2015 | 05:07 PM
beden1
Pro

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
I can understand their putting "Porsche" on the SUVs and the Panamera, even the Cayman and Boxster. But to put it on the 911, IMO, shows a lack of appreciation for the iconic stature of the car.

I don't much like the "Carrera GTS" script on my car. I intend to remove it, and put simply "GTS" similar to the "GT3" that was on my prior car.
That's what I did on my car. Removed the Carrera and just have GTS. I think it looks much cleaner. I can't believe Porsche approved the billboard lettering on these new cars.
Old 01-12-2015 | 05:38 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Did you use the OEM raised lettering, or a flat vinyl like on the doors? I have both to use, and am leaning to the raised.
Old 01-13-2015 | 12:33 PM
beden1
Pro

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Did you use the OEM raised lettering, or a flat vinyl like on the doors? I have both to use, and am leaning to the raised.
I bought the raised OEM lettering emblem from Suncoast. I had to buy the entire Carrera GTS at the time, but I think they now sell just the GTS lettering.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=9972s_emblems
Old 01-13-2015 | 12:50 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by beden1
I bought the raised OEM lettering emblem from Suncoast. I had to buy the entire Carrera GTS at the time, but I think they now sell just the GTS lettering.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=9972s_emblems
Yeah, I bought the same from Sunset.
Old 01-14-2015 | 03:39 PM
wwest
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fahrer
I am sure that many see Porsche these days as a really neat SUV manufacturer so I guess they need to put their name on the 911 now. And for those that might ask, what's a 911?.... well, you know.... it's that sports car with the engine in the back. They make sports cars?......with the engine in the back??
Selling to the Japanese/Asian, market REQUIRES strong brand identity marking, even visibly so on upscale evening gowns.

Have a look at the gaping maw and logo on the current Lexus LS series.

Quick Reply: Porsche getting crazy with their emblems?