Los Angeles Area PPI Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:37 PM
jjwand
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Los Angeles Area PPI Dealer?

Hey All-

I'm looking to buy a used 997S that I found in the Los Angeles area (Laguna Beach specifically) and need the name of a reputable shop to do a PPI. I am buying the car remotely so I really need someone that is going to go thru the car with a "fine toothed comb."

Suggestions that I've gotten are TruSpeed, GMG, and Vision Motorsports. Has anyone worked with any of these 3 or have a better suggestion? I'd really appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,088 Posts

BBI Autosport if they are available (they are very, very busy and may not do PPI depending on schedule). Probably the most detail oriented shop i've yet worked with in the area. For a dealer I've had one done at Circle Porsche and had one done by a buyer of a car of mine at Circle and they did a really good, thorough job. I had a car done at GMG, they did a good job on the PPI and in the 18mo i've had the car no surprises have been found that weren't called out on the PPI. I personally do not care for Newport Imports. No experience with Vision or TruSpeed.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:17 PM
rickdogg82
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hergesheimer in Lake Forest seem very thorough in the work they have done on my car. And while they did not do my PPI, they did answer a lot of questions I had pre purchase. I would be happy to have them do my PPI if I were to buy another Porsche.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Area PPI Dealer?