Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to pull the trigger today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 08:58 PM
tom030
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By all means take the trip and drive back. My wife and I picked up a low mileage 997.2 in South Carolina last month and drove it back to the Seattle area via Tampa, New Orleans, Austin and other points north and west. One of the best vacations we've ever taken. If your going to go back to CA. via I 70 you should really check out the Gateway Museum and Resort in Gateway CO. about 40 miles SW of Grand Junction.
Good Luck,
~tom
Old 11-08-2014, 02:05 AM
SPDST3R
Advanced

Just one clarification on the Audi warranty. I asked specifically if the car can be brought to any Porsche dealership if something goes wrong and they said yes. So this is not a local or an Audi dealer warranty only. It's a "Porsche warranty" from Audi (if that makes any sense).
Old 11-08-2014, 02:11 AM
SPDST3R
Advanced

Originally Posted by tom030
By all means take the trip and drive back. My wife and I picked up a low mileage 997.2 in South Carolina last month and drove it back to the Seattle area via Tampa, New Orleans, Austin and other points north and west. One of the best vacations we've ever taken. If your going to go back to CA. via I 70 you should really check out the Gateway Museum and Resort in Gateway CO. about 40 miles SW of Grand Junction.
Good Luck,
~tom
Thanks for the suggestions. We're thinking of doing the I70/I15 route or I80. We just did a road trip to Utah 3 months ago and took those highways.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:14 AM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I hope by now you are sitting in the car with your wife and on the way home. The price is fair the car is stunning the warranty will give you a nice peace of mind and ideally you will never need it.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SPDST3R
Just one clarification on the Audi warranty. I asked specifically if the car can be brought to any Porsche dealership if something goes wrong and they said yes. So this is not a local or an Audi dealer warranty only. It's a "Porsche warranty" from Audi (if that makes any sense).
Maybe I missed the posting but I'm rather surprised that you didn't ask one of the guys here to go and check the car out for you.

Not sure about your warranty. I think its more like approved dealerships for repairs, trusted companies that the insurance company believes in when it comes to claim accuracy.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:11 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SPDST3R
Thanks for the suggestions. We're thinking of doing the I70/I15 route or I80. We just did a road trip to Utah 3 months ago and took those highways.
I'd recommend spending minimal time on the Interstate and instead, utilize the secondary roads as much as possible!

You will then benefit from more opportunities to properly practice driving the new ride and draw huge crowds at small towns along the route who will wonder what type of vehicle the 997 is, give you thumbs up when you're in the middle of nowhere and generally stroke your ego in untold manners.

Here is my trip report from when I liberated my beast from VA last year:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-2010-c4s.html
Old 11-08-2014, 01:41 PM
WJGreer
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by tom030
By all means take the trip and drive back. My wife and I picked up a low mileage 997.2 in South Carolina last month and drove it back to the Seattle area via Tampa, New Orleans, Austin and other points north and west. One of the best vacations we've ever taken. If your going to go back to CA. via I 70 you should really check out the Gateway Museum and Resort in Gateway CO. about 40 miles SW of Grand Junction. Good Luck, ~tom
If you want, I could go by the dealer to check it out for you – just to make sure it doesn't smell like cigarette smoke or something. I still recommend a PPI of course.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:04 PM
dalancroft
Racer

My two cents, after helping my wife by an '11 Carrera S Cab with 19K miles nearly a year ago, is write the check (or get the loan), obtain the car and enjoy the H-E-HOCKEY STICKS out of it!!! Looks sweet and you will look back with no regrets. I just spent two hours detailing her car this afternoon, which is my penance for being able to drive it here & there. We live about 8 miles from the Pacific Ocean and are going to lunch tomorrow at an ocean-view restaurant north of Half Moon Bay. Cheers!

Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger today...