Sponsored by:

About to pull the trigger today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 03:19 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SPDST3R
I already tried my best. I started at 59, 60, 61, 62 and even 62.5K... they won't budge! I think it's an ok deal. I've been searching all over the nation for 2 weeks now and by far, this car the has the most options. Most of the ones I've seen are in the 59K - 67K price range too depending on the year and mileage.
thats like... a NANOSECOND! took me months to find mine.

congrats.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 762 Posts

Wait a month and you will find a cheaper car, especially if you do buy this one! But the specifications will be different. It is hard to shop for used and do one for one comparisons. So at a certain point you need to stop kicking the tires and decide if you're in the game or not.

What I can tell you is that, if you do move forward and the car is not a wreck (do your check outs), after a month with the car you will hate yourself for not buying it years ago. You will forget whatever couple hundred dollars you might have overspent. It won't matter.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

5K here and there is negligible if that's the car you want. Like others have said, you might find a cheaper one but it won't be the same car. If you offered 62.5K, makes no sense not to buy at 63K. Money comes and goes, but all the time you lose not driving a carrera, you don't get it back
Old 11-06-2014, 06:00 PM
SPDST3R
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is still not the perfect car for me. Of course there's no such thing unless I'm ordering it brand new with all the options I want (if I have that means). I will not change anything on this car though except for the color of the interior. I would rather have a black interior. Like everyone's advise, if you have the money, why let a few hundred or couple thousands get in the way of driving your dream car.

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Congratulations! It looks like a beaut from the pictures Are you going to drive it back or have it delivered? Good luck with everything and welcome.
I'm thinking of flying with my wife and driving it from CO to CA. Wifey is more excited and eager than me
Old 11-06-2014, 06:16 PM
jackporsche09
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Warranty on 911

You didn't indicate what type of warranty is with the vehicle, A CPO warranty has to be issued by a Porsche dealer and is a factory warranty good anywhere in North America whereas a dealer warranty would only be good at the issuing dealer. This is a major difference. Make sure you know what you are getting. Good luck
Old 11-06-2014, 06:22 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jackporsche09
You didn't indicate what type of warranty is with the vehicle, A CPO warranty has to be issued by a Porsche dealer and is a factory warranty good anywhere in North America whereas a dealer warranty would only be good at the issuing dealer. This is a major difference. Make sure you know what you are getting. Good luck
SPDST3R said...

Originally Posted by SPDST3R
I already tried my best to negotiate. Original asking was $62,990 without warranty. So I pretty much just got the warranty for free. Warranty is from Audi, it's an Audi/Porsche dealership. Here are the options:

250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
342 - Heated Front Seats
345 - Heated Steering Wheel
404 - 19" Turbo Wheel
425 - Rear Window Wiper
509 - Fire Extinguisher
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
672 - Navigation Module for PCM
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
686 - XM Radio
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
844 - Multi-fnctn Strng Whl-Lthr-PDK
870 - Universal Audio Interface
9Q - Meteor Grey Metallic
CXB - Door Entry Grds Stl Steel Illu
DF - Stone Grey Full Leather
P01 - Adaptive Sport Seats
P17 - PASM Sports Suspension Package
XRP - 5mm Wheel Spacers
XSA - Sport Seat Backs Painted
XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest

plus the Tubi exhaust
Old 11-06-2014, 06:43 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 55 Posts

Good job brother. Beatiful car. Im sure you like the car and that is all that matters. Lets just keep oir fingers crossed that when the car comes its even better than the pictures have led you to believe. Pretty sure it is. And when that happens, price really does not matter.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:25 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Yes drive it home, you and the wife will have a blast. With the options and warranty its in the ballpark. Enjoy and take some pictures on the trip back.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:37 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by street rod
Yes drive it home, you and the wife will have a blast. Enjoy and take some pictures on the trip back.
+997 (and take the long way back!)

P.S. And you are obligated to share those pics!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:41 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I said, BUY IT NOW, you got a really cool car waiting for you. Also, the trip back to CA with your wife on your dream car is PRICELESS brother..... It's not just a car, it will be a wonderful memory road trip for both of you.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by gotgolf52
I said, BUY IT NOW, you got a really cool car waiting for you. Also, the trip back to CA with your wife on your dream car is PRICELESS brother..... It's not just a car, it will be a wonderful memory road trip for both of you.
+ 1.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:34 AM
rossdono
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW. Gorgeous car. DOOO ITTTTT
Old 11-07-2014, 11:33 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by street rod
Yes drive it home, you and the wife will have a blast. With the options and warranty its in the ballpark. Enjoy and take some pictures on the trip back.

+1
Old 11-07-2014, 04:19 PM
jackporsche09
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Braking Bad, you seem to be indicating that because it was bought from an Audi/Porsche dealer that the warranty is a CPO Warranty. Any dealer can issue a warranty which is only good at that dealership. A CPO warranty requires a very specific set of guidelines and a payment to Porsche in order to be certified. If this is not a CPO then when the vehicle is taken home at great distance from where it was purchased the warranty will not be able to be used at any other dealership. A simple call to the seller can quickly answer this question to avoid a major problem in the future.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:30 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jackporsche09
Braking Bad, you seem to be indicating that because it was bought from an Audi/Porsche dealer that the warranty is a CPO Warranty. Any dealer can issue a warranty which is only good at that dealership. A CPO warranty requires a very specific set of guidelines and a payment to Porsche in order to be certified. If this is not a CPO then when the vehicle is taken home at great distance from where it was purchased the warranty will not be able to be used at any other dealership. A simple call to the seller can quickly answer this question to avoid a major problem in the future.
I don't seem to be indicating anything of the sort. I am quoting the O.P. who clearly stated it is an Audi warranty and not Porsche CPO. Therefore I was supporting your statement. It is up to SPDST3R to inquire whether or not the warranty applies to all Audi dealerships or not.

Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger today...