Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP: How to Jump a 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad that problem is solved.

No offence but its s bit ironic since I have exactly the opposite problem with my 997 (997.1). The useless design of the key fob makes the frunk open by mistake more or less every day. Half of the times I have to close it before starting. Even if thr battery would have discharged its a >50% chance the frunk is open. Have to order a replacement key fob but just haven't got the time to do it since my eBay and PayPal decided to stop working due to a move abroad.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetwin2

No offence but its s bit ironic since I have exactly the opposite problem with my 997 (997.1). The useless design of the key fob makes the frunk open by mistake more or less every day. Half of the times I have to close it before starting. Even if thr battery would have discharged its a >50% chance the frunk is open. Have to order a replacement key fob but just haven't got the time to do it since my eBay and PayPal decided to stop working due to a move abroad.
Well, my concern will only be resolved if and when I have a flat battery again and try the battery pack and use the key-fob to pop the frunk.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:33 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetwin2

This issue first surfaced 7 or 8 years ago and there is a simple fix but trimming some of the rubber pieces. Also dealers are aware of this and there is a PIWIS programming fix that extends the delay time on the button push. Ask your dealer to fix for you - you shouldn't need a new fob.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP: How to Jump a 997TT