Sponsored by:

1/2 Mile Speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:57 AM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Once again, call me. I PM'd you my number, or it's ion the front of your Profile magazine. This event would bore the crap out of you once you come to Sebring.
Rick
I am working on it Rick...I am trying to get myself setup with a set of track wheels as my 997 is a DD so even as a green I don't want to tear up my tires for the next Monday morning commute... We will be talking soon and thanks for the contact info. I am still going to do the 1/2 event as I think it would be interesting and I have a few buds who are into this stuff...plus a 2,000 whp Ferrari??? Got to see that thing run...

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
I've pulled against an ISF and we are faster (and mine is manual) around 50 - ... well.. let's say "65"... and I'm sure we're faster still from a standing start and to the quarter mile...Was the ISF stock? I would be surprised if someone with a bone stock ISF was running that kind of event...
Good to know and I think we are quicker and faster as I owned an ISF before my 997...I had I/H/E on mine and I still think my C4S feels quicker...and i think the ISf that ran in the 1/2 mile event had exhaust & intake which gives it abour 12hp so not much different than stock really...

Originally Posted by Ezkill
You run what you run. I used to go more to catch up with friends and socialize. The events are fun and a good chance to see some nice cars and marvel at the extreme modifications that some people have done.
That is what I am thinking...it will just be another experience in the auotmotive world...my only fear is I will get the bug and be looking for a Turbo soon...
Old 10-16-2014, 08:01 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I ran my C4S on street tires in September and they didn't show much wear at all.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 AM
MY997
Racer

Hey if anyone is interested...registration for this event starts November 7th...should be a lot of fun and very interesting. See all the info at http://www.wannagofast.com/ocala.php

Name:  WGF_Flyer.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  91.3 KB
Old 10-31-2014, 10:57 AM
iammulva
Racer

For a data point....

I just did the Texas Mile last weekend in 2006 C2S. I ran 124 at the 1/2 and 148 at the mile. Probably could have gone a little faster. Was carrying over 1/2 tank of gas. Also, I weigh about 240. Temp was about 85-90 with a light wind from 2 o'clock.

As another poster said, the event was very cool due to the cars on display. Literally tons of high HP cars. Pinnacle was watching a (not stock) Ford GT 500 pop a chute at the mile going 273mph (or 278 - can't remember which)! Also saw a chick do 220+ on a bike.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:21 AM
MY997
Racer

Originally Posted by iammulva
For a data point....

I just did the Texas Mile last weekend in 2006 C2S. I ran 124 at the 1/2 and 148 at the mile. Probably could have gone a little faster. Was carrying over 1/2 tank of gas. Also, I weigh about 240. Temp was about 85-90 with a light wind from 2 o'clock.

As another poster said, the event was very cool due to the cars on display. Literally tons of high HP cars. Pinnacle was watching a (not stock) Ford GT 500 pop a chute at the mile going 273mph (or 278 - can't remember which)! Also saw a chick do 220+ on a bike.
Very cool and very good results. I want to do this event for both reasons you mentioned:

1) Have fun going fast in my C4S without worrying about a ticket.

2) Have fun checking out and seeing all the insane HP cars make a run.

I need to figure out how to plan things so I have enough gas when I get there to run a few times and get the most out of it...plus it will be interesting to see what the weather is like in January in Ocala...
Old 11-10-2014, 01:07 PM
MY997
Racer

Well I signed up for this event wannaGOFAST http://www.wannagofast.com/ocala.php and they sold out both days (250 cars) in 1hr and 52 minutes...wow people in Florida much like to Go Fast!!! LOL Not sure what to expect but just wanted to do this. But we can have some fun with this as follows:

How fast will my C4S go in 1/2 mile?

1) Less than 130mph
2) 130-135mph
3) 135-140mph
4) Ove140mph

These are the ranges I am expecting...
Old 11-10-2014, 02:25 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by MY997
Well I signed up for this event wannaGOFAST http://www.wannagofast.com/ocala.php and they sold out both days (250 cars) in 1hr and 52 minutes...wow people in Florida much like to Go Fast!!! LOL Not sure what to expect but just wanted to do this. But we can have some fun with this as follows:

How fast will my C4S go in 1/2 mile?

1) Less than 130mph
2) 130-135mph
3) 135-140mph
4) Ove140mph

These are the ranges I am expecting...
Looks like fun. Will you be using launch control and have you tested launch control (successfully) already? If yes to launch control, I will pick 2. If not... I will pick 1.

I'm basing this purely off the results you posted for essentially the same car, where it looks like the driver used launch control given the nearly identical (other than last) runs...
Old 11-10-2014, 02:39 PM
MY997
Racer

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
Looks like fun. Will you be using launch control and have you tested launch control (successfully) already? If yes to launch control, I will pick 2. If not... I will pick 1.

I'm basing this purely off the results you posted for essentially the same car, where it looks like the driver used launch control given the nearly identical (other than last) runs...
Hey man I have not tested LC yet but plan to...I have a local PCA car show coming up in early December and after that I am putting my stock wheels back on and will start preparing for this event...testing launch control, playing with tire pressure, probably have brake fliuid replaced (part of their tech inspection) etc...I would be happy with #2 but would love to reach #3...I guess it will aslo depend on the conditions that day???

Quick Reply: 1/2 Mile Speed