Sponsored by:

fire extinguisher mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:45 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I bought the Rennline mount but it does not work with my seats. I spent 1.5 hours trying to make it work but no go. I need a mount for a NNJR DE I'm doing next month. Any suggestions? TIA

BTW I have the multi adjustable seats not racing seats.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:10 AM
rankoutsider
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 18 ways seats and found the Rennline one didn't really fit either.

Try the Speedtactics one, fits nicely. See here
Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Factory ones work just right.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:52 PM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Factory mount only fits a smaller extinguisher, right? Some track clubs require the larger extinguisher.

Rankoutsider: Does the speedtactics mount allow the seat to slide fully?
Old 10-06-2014, 01:12 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up mounting the Rennline mount on the driver's side. It is not intrusive like I thought it would be. Looks good too.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:41 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

What kind of extinguisher are you all using? Dry powder seems the most common, but is also corrosive... Are CO2 or Foam extinguishers an option?

Originally Posted by 997_rich
Factory mount only fits a smaller extinguisher, right? Some track clubs require the larger extinguisher. Rankoutsider: Does the speedtactics mount allow the seat to slide fully?
Wondering the same thing. The Speedtactics mount looks great.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:31 PM
rankoutsider
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
What kind of extinguisher are you all using? Dry powder seems the most common, but is also corrosive... Are CO2 or Foam extinguishers an option?

Wondering the same thing. The Speedtactics mount looks great.
Dry Powder Here, I have one of these - see the "127416 – Auto / Recreational / Marine" one. Anything else is quite tricky or very expensive. Foam is pretty useless on all but liquid fires, water of course is no good. The BCE dry chemical is corrosive to aluminium. In the aviation field you can still get the yellow HALON\HFCF extinguishers as these work better in pressurised environments, but as the substance is restricted you require special permits. Halguard extinguishers are an option but I cant seem to find anywhere in AU that sells them. Its near impossible to import them due to transport restrictions.

CAMS Fire Extinguisher rules available here

The Speedtactics mount allows around 90% seat movement - the exception being that you cant put the seat really, really far forward.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:18 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

The Speedtactics mount is currently on sale (20% off) on ebay. I just got one. Also check out the Amerex 2.5 Lb halotron fire extinguisher.

(no affiliation)

Old 02-17-2020, 11:39 PM
Elfer1
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John H
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up mounting the Rennline mount on the driver's side. It is not intrusive like I thought it would be. Looks good too.
Hey John, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was hoping you could offer some help since you seemed to have successfully mounted a Rennline fire extinguisher mount on a 997.1. I have an RS and was told by Rennline that the ez adjust mount would fit. I also have the sport adaptive seats with manual sliders. I’ve monkeyed around with this mount for over an hour now - tried both passenger and driver side - and cannot get the slider holes to match up due to the angle being changed slightly by the thickness of the mount. Do you have any advice? Was this the same mount that you used? TIA!

Old 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM
Kevin86
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same issue. The additional thickness of the plate does not allow the bolts to line up correctly.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:02 PM
Elfer1
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin86
I am having the same issue. The additional thickness of the plate does not allow the bolts to line up correctly.
I can’t remember exactly what I did to get everything to line up, but I did end up calling Rennline and they were able to give me some pointers. I’d recommend calling them. Good luck!

Quick Reply: fire extinguisher mount