Sponsored by:

Introduction to the 997 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014 | 02:52 PM
MY997
Racer

Originally Posted by Alex 911
In a few months we will be definitely enjoying our AWDs
I hear you...but it doesn't really change for us here in Florida...however, in the winter just like the summer it still goes around corners like it is on rails...WAIT I read somehwere if you say that you are not driving fast enough...Hmmm...well maybe the person who said that was not driving a C4S...LMAO!!!
Old 09-26-2014 | 03:50 PM
jhubs
Racer

Originally Posted by Nova997
Beautiful 997, congratulations.

However, I'm curious to know what made you decide to jump from your classic 993 to the 997?

When I look at your previous ride, it makes realize why people crave to own a 911 to begin with.

I recently purchased a 997 ('05 C2 Guards Red / Black) after deciding that it was a more prudent purchase than going with a 993 (briefly thought of going with a 996 C4S, but I couldn't get past the fried egg headlights). I am more than happy with my final decision.

Would be interested in knowing your thoughts.
Believe me when I say that it was a VERY difficult decision. The 993 is arguably one of the best and most beautiful cars Porsche has ever made... the eye of the beholder... etc. As an artist, I fell in love with the lines of the 993 and I just had to have one. Red is not my favorite color, but I grew to like it a lot and the car was spectacular. I added the Euro Turbo front bumper and the Kinesis wheels and a few minor things.
The 6.5 years I owned it were fantastic and the way it drove in the Mountains of Colorado and Wyoming was amazing with those Pss9s.
But, left knee problems and the value of the car had increased to above $40k and those things made me begin looking at the lines of the 997s. I found the exact car I wanted in CA. and it was my favorite combo of Blue over Tan, just like my 87 Carrera, plus it had big hips.

Last edited by jhubs; 09-26-2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-26-2014 | 04:01 PM
jhubs
Racer

Originally Posted by MY997
Welcome to the 997 C4S family...you are going to love it!!!

On the exhaust, I wanted a bit more sound also but did not want it to be too loud as it is a DD...I have decdied to go with the Sharkwerks bypass...getting installed next week...will let you know what I think...until then enjoy the AWD...
Fantastic! Can't wait! Sharkwerks was the other one I looked at.
Old 09-26-2014 | 05:43 PM
Alex 911
Racer

Originally Posted by MY997
I hear you...but it doesn't really change for us here in Florida...however, in the winter just like the summer it still goes around corners like it is on rails...WAIT I read somehwere if you say that you are not driving fast enough...Hmmm...well maybe the person who said that was not driving a C4S...LMAO!!!
It will change for us in Connecticut. I received my winter tires on 18" wheels yesterday.

I used to think my Targa 4S was on rails until I took it to a hill climb event in Vermont. Now I know I wasn't diving (cornering) fast enough on my way to work and back

Nothing like driving on public roads (not smooth even track) going up hill on the twisties with no cops to worry about, no posted speed limit, no other cars on the road, no one coming out of drive ways and just a cliff on one side and the mountain on the other side (lots of trees on both sides)

Keep in mind that for AWD to work you need to keep all 4 wheels on the road

Old 10-10-2014 | 02:26 AM
jhubs
Racer

Just a photo update. Claybar, scratches and swirls removed, polished, and waxed. Holographic water marks, hard water marks and a few light and deep scratches removed by hand and with a Dual Action Polisher. I used Swirl Remover 2.0 then a Detailer Polish Liquid and Mirror Glaze Yellow Wax… I'm tired… but happy!
Attached Images   

Last edited by jhubs; 10-10-2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-11-2014 | 12:31 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

super hot!
Old 10-13-2014 | 01:37 PM
WJGreer
Racer

Gorgeous.

What are you planning for winter wheels and tires? Or keep it in the garage?

Quick Reply: Introduction to the 997 Forum