Sponsored by:

10mm seat lowering

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 09:17 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10mm seat lowering

There is a 04 996 GT3 listed for sale that has a factory 10 mm seat lowering. How was this done and can I do this to my 997.1 adaptive sport seats. I need a little room when wearing a helmet. I'm also putting this in the 996 forum.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:44 AM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at my seat bracket tonight and it looks like you can drill a lower hole for the rear pivot point. They install a lot of electronics under the seat that still needs to clear. At 6'6" I need to find helmet room. Laying the seat back is not the answer. If I can't find the room I may need to sell the car and buy a cab and run SoloII with the top down. When I was looking sports seats in a cab are rare, they are setup for cruising. Plus I just like they way sports seats feel.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:51 AM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mopar bob
I was looking at my seat bracket tonight and it looks like you can drill a lower hole for the rear pivot point. They install a lot of electronics under the seat that still needs to clear. At 6'6" I need to find helmet room. Laying the seat back is not the answer. If I can't find the room I may need to sell the car and buy a cab and run SoloII with the top down. When I was looking sports seats in a cab are rare, they are setup for cruising. Plus I just like they way sports seats feel.
I have sport seats in my GTS cab. I saw a number of 911 S cabs with sport seats when I was looking to buy a Porsche. They are out there. I guess the trick is to identify them.

Quick Reply: 10mm seat lowering