Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric - Door Locking Feature for 997.2??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,410 Likes on 855 Posts
Default Durametric - Door Locking Feature for 997.2??

2009 C2S

Ooops, I said comfort windows in an earlier post. I meant Door Locking...... ( I could'nt get windows to work either)

I can't get door locking feature to work using my Durametric Pro. What am I doing wrong. I DO NOT have sport Chrono.

Someone posted that I could get it to work by coding and then new options would appear in PCM. Then I select it there. Well that didn't happen.

So, my last shot at it.... any ideas? Below are the settings from Durametric screen. I don't know why I torture myself with this trivial dreck..

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 09-08-2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Add pic.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:05 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

No first hand help for you but without Sport Chrono you won't see any options in the PCM...I'm not even sure with Sport Chrono that new options will show up in the PCM with coding. Hope you can find a solution. I thought I've read in another post that someone with a 997.2 was able to program the comfort windows - I seem to remember it involved multiple Durametric Pro screens and settings, not just the one you show.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:04 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have Sport Chrono, door locking on drive off is a personal setting option in the PCM for the 997.2.

Without Sport Chrono, you can have the dealer set this with PIWIS. It may also be possible with Durametric, but I have no experience with this.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,410 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by kcheves
Without Sport Chrono, you can have the dealer set this with PIWIS.
Nope, can't be done by the dealer. I was with the tech when he did it... it works once, and then reverts back automagically. Porsche blocked all of this somehow in their programming.

I just keep hoping someone found the magic bit to flip. I saw a code in there somewhere for "chronograph".... I tried turning it on but it didn't work although I didn't try very hard as I was out of time.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 09-08-2014, 01:07 AM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Nope, can't be done by the dealer. I was with the tech when he did it... it works once, and then reverts back automagically. Porsche blocked all of this somehow in their programming.

I just keep hoping someone found the magic bit to flip. I saw a code in there somewhere for "chronograph".... I tried turning it on but it didn't work although I didn't try very hard as I was out of time.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Sorry, my experience was with a 2008 Cayman, where it could be set by PIWIS. The 997.2 must be different.

Quick Reply: Durametric - Door Locking Feature for 997.2??