Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't know what a 997 C4R is, but I like it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 728 Posts

Beyond the above, welcome to the forum. You've got a great ride.

Let us know your thoughts on what each mod added, or subtracted. It looks like you've got a great rolling laboratory there! We want to know what you think.

Post pictures, or it was never yours (actually, post pictures or it never happened). That's the rule!
Old 09-21-2015, 10:15 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by arbifox
That is awesome . . . I just saw this thread from a year ago.

Since the original poster asked . . . it is a regular 997 C4, not even an S. The nose is from RUF, the wing is from a GT3. The engine has been chipped, different headers, Fabspeed exhaust. The car is lowered, I believe the suspension has been completely rebuilt, and the reason I do not know for sure is because I do not have the specs on me. There is a build list on the car about 2 pages long. There are other RUF options in the engine. Did I do the work . . . NO . . . I bought it that way and I am the fourth owner.

Do I want to be a GT3 RS? No, otherwise it would have been badged as such, and that is kind of fake.

Have I molested it? No, but I drive it really fast.

What is the R? Is it a Japenese tuner thing, as in "Type R" that is slapped on every Integra in North Jersey? No. It is something that the first owner did, so if you want to call it douche, find the original owner and tell him. I think it looks great, and the R is actually from a Chevy SSR logo (no Japan here, not that there is nothing wrong with that). Since the original owner mod'd the crap out of the car with tons of various performance parts, he slapped an "R" onto it. His car, his rules. I keep it on to **** off posters on threads like this, hoping that they will bash a car for no reason.

Unreal . . . I will say this, I have had tons of cars, and I have been on a few forums in my time. I have seen the inevitable poster come along and go negative. I have nothing but love for all of you, it is just sad that some feel the need to post silly and negative comments without much thought.

Peace . . .

I love the never-ending circular irony of this thinking:

"I like pissing people off, that's why I leave stuff on the car from the previous owner that will **** off other people who don't get it, plus the other negative people, but in doing so I am being negative and now I am going to complain about people who get negative, even though I am implying that I like that reaction."

Guess what? If you like doing things to get reactions out of people, shut the f#4k up before you complain about the reactions you get out of people.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 728 Posts

Yeah, this too!
Old 09-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by arbifox
That is awesome . . . I just saw this thread from a year ago.

Since the original poster asked . . . it is a regular 997 C4, not even an S. The nose is from RUF, the wing is from a GT3. The engine has been chipped, different headers, Fabspeed exhaust. The car is lowered, I believe the suspension has been completely rebuilt, and the reason I do not know for sure is because I do not have the specs on me. There is a build list on the car about 2 pages long. There are other RUF options in the engine. Did I do the work . . . NO . . . I bought it that way and I am the fourth owner.
I'm a big RUF fan and would actually be interested to see the 2 page long build sheet and additional pictures of the car from various angles if you can upload those.

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:36 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't believe this thread came back after a whole year! I liked the car then, and still do. The paint looks Grand Canyon deep. To each his own.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:25 PM
barbancourt
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Philster

I love the never-ending circular irony of this thinking:

"I like pissing people off, that's why I leave stuff on the car from the previous owner that will **** off other people who don't get it, plus the other negative people, but in doing so I am being negative and now I am going to complain about people who get negative, even though I am implying that I like that reaction."

Guess what? If you like doing things to get reactions out of people, shut the f#4k up before you complain about the reactions you get out of people.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:02 AM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I am still laughing at the "lighten up francis" comment....there is always room for the infamous movie one liners.....Stripes
Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Joseph Michaels
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This just came up on my time hop from seven years ago.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

R is for ricer.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
R is for ricer.
Sorry, but there's nothing "ricer" about that car, except maybe the gold writing on the back. Anything with RUF mods is more Porsche than even Porsche could make it, the wheels are tasteful, the paint condition and depth is phenomenal - just not seeing any Japanese aftermarket applicability there....
Old 03-11-2017, 08:52 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Almost 2.5 years since my original post and I still like the car and hope to see it again. This thread won't die!
Old 03-12-2017, 01:42 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Porsche "type R"
Old 12-27-2017, 11:58 AM
C4r
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She still lives

Its still alive
Old 12-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 772 Posts

Nice looking car. Glad to see it keeps on going strong since the original post!

I find it odd when people fabricate their own nomenclature and badging on a modified car. That said, I think people should do whatever they want to their own car.

There was a guy over on 6speedonline who had a heavily modified, turbocharged 996 C2. He came up with all kinds of different "model names" for it, but he eventually settled on "GT4". That doesn't really work for his C2 any longer.

I think that if I ever modified a car to the point that it was vastly different from the original factory model in terms of performance, then I would simply remove the factory badges. This seems to be the favored approach in Europe, and I like it.

Quick Reply: I don't know what a 997 C4R is, but I like it!