997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Dealer Story

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FYI- I meant the 7 dollar bulb and the ease of installing it- vs the acura experience!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarcoRemius
That's just poor engineering. And poor faith in your suppliers if you only offer a 12 month warranty on a part designed "for the life of the vehicle". I would have given the dealer hell and written a letter to Acura.

And FWIW, I had an issue with Infiniti years ago and wrote a letter. They told me to go to hell, but I got it off my chest and NEVER bought another Infiniti
Yea, I should write one to BMW as well about the Z4. Same crap. 2200 all in to do the same thing.

650 for the weather stripping around the front glass as well that's notorious for literally falling apart after a couple years. Found that out when I went to fix it for my wife. The best part was the conversation with the dealership - "So we can get the part and it's 650 dollars". Ok, I'll bite...what differentiates this part from the 80 dollar part on Amazon? Dealership with look of absolute shock "Well OURS is genuine BMW quality!" Really, ok, I'll buy the knock off since the genuine one falls to pieces within a couple years. So far the non genuine BMW part is better then the original.

Wish my wife would agree to get rid of this car but she's just set on waiting for the possible boxster mini. The cost of repairs for this vehicle versus what it's actually worth are way out of wack.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM
PTParks
Instructor

I am more than happy to "brag" about my dealer.
  • I didn't buy my Porsche at this dealership, but they corrected (for free) a mistake that was made by an indy shop. All they asked was that I consider them the next time I needed any service. I've never gone anywhere else for service since.
  • They have offered me very good discounts on installation of techequipment pieces.
  • They price match with one of the well known Porsche dealerships that specializes in mailorder parts and accessories.
  • The technicians have no problem with me watching them work and answering my dumb questions. Plus, they get things right the first time around.
  • The sales associates are total gearheads, love Porsches, own Porsches, race Porsches and will work tirelessly to earn your business on an product that frankly sells itself.
  • Saturday service (with appointment) for most maintenance requirements.
  • Monthly tech sessions with free coffee and goodie give-aways.

I'm sure that other Porsche dealerships are as customer oriented as mine; but I've read enough about bad dealership experiences to count myself as one of the lucky ones.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:22 PM
Ezkill
Racer

PTParks - Sounds like a dealership thats going above and beyond. Good to hear!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:37 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by PTParks
I am more than happy to "brag" about my dealer.[*]I didn't buy my Porsche at this dealership, but they corrected (for free) a mistake that was made by an indy shop. All they asked was that I consider them the next time I needed any service. I've never gone anywhere else for service since.[*]They have offered me very good discounts on installation of techequipment pieces.[*]They price match with one of the well known Porsche dealerships that specializes in mailorder parts and accessories.[*]The technicians have no problem with me watching them work and answering my dumb questions. Plus, they get things right the first time around.[*]The sales associates are total gearheads, love Porsches, own Porsches, race Porsches and will work tirelessly to earn your business on an product that frankly sells itself.[*]Saturday service (with appointment) for most maintenance requirements.[*]Monthly tech sessions with free coffee and goodie give-aways. I'm sure that other Porsche dealerships are as customer oriented as mine; but I've read enough about bad dealership experiences to count myself as one of the lucky ones.
With such a recommendation we definitely need a name and location of that said dealership.

Quick Reply: Good Dealer Story