Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequeal to "bar of soap"

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 10:38 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Well i did take off the front piece and had it thoroughly cleaned. Well i inted to find out what it is and share. It might happen to someone else and hopefully we know the answer by then.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:37 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Brothers, the weak link is the diagonal control arm. If you are looking at the porsche pet, its called the control arm rather than the wishbone. This diagonal part has a fork on one end and a ball joint at the other end. The ball joint is the one that loosens up and has play. If one removes the part, which is very easy by the way. The ball joint is loose and can easily be moved with the fingers. Fortunately this part can actually be repaired. Again easily. I was able to have one rpairead already and it seems to have cured it. I still need to have other repaired i ran out of time. Im almost 100% sure this is the source as curing one side drastically reduced the rattling. Hahahaha. To mike and alex, this is what i mean by getting pleasure in fixing it. You would not want to know how much the repair cost as you will say its ridiculous...local dealer was asking $900 to replace the arms... This again makes me feel so comfortable with my car....
Old 08-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 941 Posts

These control arms are really not expensive if you get them from a place like Pellican. I get the TRW, OEM brand. They just bolt in and out... no biggie. The trick is identifying which one is making the noise.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 08-31-2014, 09:33 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Totally agree. But like i said the local dealer charges more than $900 so a bit high where i am. Now i i buy it from the US it takes about a month to get so i went to the repair way and it worked
Old 08-31-2014, 09:37 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

How can you go wrong if it cured the problem for $5. Hahah that includes the labor per side. Just hope it lasts.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
How can you go wrong if it cured the problem for $5. Hahah that includes the labor per side. Just hope it lasts.
So what would it cost if I ship my arms to you, you take a slight profit, and ship it back??????

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Hahaha. Whats wrong with your arms bro cant bend it anymore? Arcoxia cured it for me, hahahha, teasing
My tech used a hydraulic press to tighten things a bit. There is another option to repair inthink it was on a boxster forum i read, cant seem to locate it now. The bellows in the ball joont can be removed and the internals accessed. Use a punch to tighten the aluminum housing around the ball. But like i said, let see how long the repair is going to last....

Quick Reply: Sequeal to "bar of soap"