Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help! How much to offer 997.2 @ Dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 09:33 AM
BSU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 997hunter
Greetings fellow Porschephiles!

I am about to pull the trigger on a 997.2 Carrera (non S) with PDK and some minor options. The dealer has it listed for $52k with around 32k miles, great price right? There is a caveat... it is "hail damaged" as it was sitting out on the lot when it hailed. The dealer had it fixed via paintless dent removal and in pictures, it is not noticeable. The Carfax also comes up clean meaning it was not big enough to report using insurance..

Knowing this.. how much should I offer them on the car? Another issue is I am out of state meaning this will be purchased sight unseen with a PPI done at another dealer. Please advise!!

Thanks
I am also looking for my first Porsche. I am targeting a 997.2 Carrera or 997.1 Carrera S. I plan to daily drive it for a few year and would prefer an automatic with lowish 20-40K miles. I have bought an out-of-town car before, but would really like to find this one local. I am in Houston, which is a fairly large market, but there is nothing out there right now that grabs me.

Originally Posted by One911
$52 on a on 09 base is not a great price seems fairly standard to me.
Originally Posted by chris.hanle
50 if it looks good and CPO.
Originally Posted by Ezkill
Yea I wouldn't say that's a great price to be honest.

I purchased a 2009 S a couple months ago at the height of the market and in the most expensive place to buy these cars - California. The car I bought had 6k original miles and was so pristine there was not a single leather crease and it had never even been out in the rain. I paid mid 60's. Given just the mileage on your car it's worth about 7,500 less then the car I purchased. Then add to the fact that it's a base versus an S that's another 7-10k. These values are based on valuations from local dealers(2,500-3,000 less value per 10k miles) and what a base versus an S was going for at the time. Conservatively, the value of this car should be at least 15k less then the car I purchased.
Originally Posted by Dadio
No shortage of cars available on cars.com from a nationwide perspective. Price is on low side of the range for '09 's with PDK at that mileage so not necessarily over priced dependent on options.
Originally Posted by wardrive
50k budget is going to be tough to find a good 997.2 with PDK. You're looking at a high mileage or story car.
I am still getting a feel for pricing. Lots of different opinions on this point. 52K for an 09 with PDK and 30K miles seems good. Maybe 45k for an 06S with tiptronic and 30K miles.

Originally Posted by Ags 911
I searched a year for an 09 to get what I wanted. When found, negotiated the price over the phone but no money changed hands until I flew up and spent 2 hours going over car and records. Be patient, you will find YOUR car! Several times I became so impatient that I almost bought cars that were "settle for" cars. AVOID THIS. Wait, get what you want, and visually inspect after a PPI. I love my car and I am so glad I waited! Good luck and your car is out there!
Patience is hard. Did you travel to see any cars that did not work out?
Old 08-03-2014, 12:06 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

BSU - skip the 997.1 and get the 997.2. In the long run you will be very glad you did, especially if you want an automatic transmission. PDK is MUCH better than the Tip tranny.

After I sold my '04 996, I skipped the 997.1 and got a '10 997.2. Absolutely no regrets.

Quick Reply: Please Help! How much to offer 997.2 @ Dealer.