Sponsored by:

C2S vs C24S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 01:06 PM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Carnut,

I can relate to you on the AWD - I've always owned 2 wheel drive cars and didn't really like the one 2 wheel drive car I owned briefly - a Civic SI and then there was my wife's AWD Acura RL. Heavy front but I'm sure the 911's AWD system is far superior to that. I get a lot of feel from my cars and that's also the reason I like Porsches and am sorry that Porsche decided to go away from hydraulic steering assist and why I am probably never going to the 991 - that and the hand brake.

I don't know that I would necessarily seek out an AWD model but if it was the right car it would be ok.

Say Hella Buggin - I've seen S models advertised that do not say they have PASM - are you sure that's not an option on the S model - maybe they just didn't mention it. Most dealers do mention that in the list of options a car has if it has it.

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:32 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

PASM & SPASM are 2 different beasts...I personally wouldn't want a 997 without SPASM.

Here is a thread from a quick search:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...y-driving.html

Originally Posted by tbrom

Say Hella Buggin - I've seen S models advertised that do not say they have PASM - are you sure that's not an option on the S model - maybe they just didn't mention it. Most dealers do mention that in the list of options a car has if it has it.

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 198 Posts

The "S" model comes standard with PASM. it's an available option on the standard car.

There's an optional Sport PASM on 997.2 cars. If you're looking at listings from non Porsche dealers they might not have a checkbox on they're ad form.

Originally Posted by david
PASM & SPASM are 2 different beasts...I personally wouldn't want a 997 without SPASM.

Here is a thread from a quick search:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...riving.htm "al
Old 07-27-2014, 07:46 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
The "S" model comes standard with PASM. it's an available option on the standard car.

There's an optional Sport PASM on 997.2 cars. If you're looking at listings from non Porsche dealers they might not have a checkbox on they're ad form.
Correct. I never pay attention to what the dealers list for options, I only believe what the pictures show me, especially when it comes to stuff like PASM, heated seats, etc. Just look for the buttons If you don't know what the buttons look like and where they are located, well. You will once you've been looking long enough ahaha.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys, this is great feed back. I really appreciate the info.

Cosmos - you're reply is great - and you know that by now the AWD system is improved so it's going to feel good. Wish I could go to a GTS! That's a great car you have and a great color too.

Perk10 - you have the color combo I'm really after! I think the cocoa interior is really nice - especially in full leather. Do you have PASM too?
Thank you! The car has pretty much every option available at the time if you read my sig.

When I was searching, I wanted black interior and once I saw the Cocoa it was game over. Now that I own it (it's in pristine shape plus I condition it when I'm bored) I think the black looks good but too plain. The Cocoa full leather is also a different grain than the regular black. It's much more soft. If you can find it, I highly recommend it.

Here's a recent pic - the tricky part is that you really have to see the "marbleized" look in person in the sunlight.

Last edited by Perk10; 07-27-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:19 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought mine because I wanted the X51 and the painted seat backs. I have been very happy with it. Next I want a GT3 or a Turbo. Or a GTS. I love the wide body. The AWD does not bother me at all, although I can see how it might on the track.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:53 AM
tbrom
Racer

Default Carmut

Man that interior looks great. I've seen it in person - looks like you really take great care of it. I would too; hope I can find it in a silver car! Thanks for sending the pic .
Old 07-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Man that interior looks great. I've seen it in person - looks like you really take great care of it. I would too; hope I can find it in a silver car! Thanks for sending the pic .
Thank you very much. If you'd like to see some in detail PM me your email address. I've got plenty of great shots and yes, I spend a lot of time taking care of it but IMO it's worth it.

John
Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I was looking for mine, I originally wanted a C2S but found a C4S with all the options I like. I don't regret it one bit, if I can do it all over again given the same options, I would pick the C4S. Parked next to a C2S, the C4S looks so much more aggressive with the wider fenders. The C4S feels like a RWD most of the time. The front only turns and grips when you are losing control. I took a C2S and C4S out of the track back to back. I am not a professional race car driver and the C4S gave me so much more confidence driving fast compared to the C2S which likes to fishtail at times when you don't want it to.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:35 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an '07 C4S in 2009 and it is the BEST 911 I have ever owned and I have owned FOUR. When it comes time to change I will opt for another C4S. Great all weather tourer and sticks like glue wet or dry. Extremely confidence inspiring. BTW it handles much like the C2S except that it does not get squirrely in the tail end when turning abruptly. Some like this, but I do not......Had my fill of this in my older Porsches :-))
Old 07-30-2014, 10:44 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

OK, now I am confused. If your looking at a 2009-11 CS or C4S with "Sports Chrono", is it a PASM or SPASM optioned car?
Old 07-31-2014, 12:46 AM
TrojanG2
Cruisin'

I came from a 996 C4S to a 997.2 CS and on smooth roads the 997 is superior and offers greater ability to throttle steer. But on bumpy roads where the car is pitching front to back or side to side through turns, the C4S was more confidence inspiring. My completely uneducated theory is that the extra weight of the AWD in the front actually improves the front/rear balance of the car which is most noticeable in those bumpy situations. I can feel the 997.2 wiggle a little in the back over bumps taken at an angle. I was convinced when I first got the car that there was a shock problem or a cracked motor mount. But several inspections have shown everything normal and so that's the nuance of a rear drive carrera. After a year of driving the 997.2 I don't even notice it anymore.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:16 AM
betonred
Banned

I am somewhat missing the grip levels I had with my 996 turbo compares to my c2s on the back road windy canyon runs. No doubt about it I could just eat up the turns and with an aggressive alignment the car felt planted. However the 997 has a better chassis and handles tremendously better on the track. The rear end would constantly step out in the turbo. Weight must have been a contributing factor

I am yet to drive a 997 c4s I decided not to go that route as I didn't want to sacrifice power. The c2s is a very fast car especially as I have awe headers and cats. Despite this it does not scare me as the turbo did. The turbo would get me out of bed in the am! I would literally burst out with laughter In the back roads because of the insane power on tap.

Go test drive a 997 turbo and report back
Old 08-01-2014, 01:24 AM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

See, betonred, you're making my decision that much more difficult. I am looking for a 997 CAB. The decision is either a 2008 TurboCAB with TIP or a 2010-11 CS or C4S CAB with PDK. I just sold a 930 Turbo CAB and might mal-align my spine in a 997 Turbo . . . . now you're making me lean towards a Turbo (again).
I had my 930 for ten years and it always made me grin running through the gears.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:37 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

betonred, I drove the 997TT and bought it. love love love it!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: C2S vs C24S?