Sponsored by:

Fidelity Platinum Warranty - Where to buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 12:22 AM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sjc_panamera
Sorry, I know this is a 997 forum but I haven't been able to find any information on extended warranties on any Panamera boards. So I hope you don't mind me asking for advice here.

I was quoted the following from a local Porsche dealer in the SF Bay Area For Fidelity Platinum for my 2012 Panamera with 37k miles and 3 months left of the original factory warranty:

6 YEARS / 72,000 MILES - $19,070.00

6 YEARS / 60,000 MILES - $17,672.00

All the Honda and Audi dealerships in the area that sell Fidelity warranties refuse to sell me a contract because I "should go back to Porsche". So I am really left with one option.

Sid, sorry I didn't give you a heads up but I emailed Mike for a quote last night but I haven't heard back yet. I know you don't know me so there's no obligation.

I am at a loss right now.
Your quote is expensive because the mileage is too high. 20K mileage was once the cut off for discount. I think it is 25K mileage now. I would not purchase as warranty for your car at this time, You should save your money for repairs or buy a new car and get the warranty if you intend to keep it.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

For those prices I would maybe even consider trading it in for a newer model with a CPO warranty. I would not pay those prices. That's robbery unless the Pany has some sort of huge catastrophic issue that would warrant those prices, if that is the case get rid of the car.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:13 PM
SamDaMan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try Troy Dietrich, his quotes to me were decent. As mentioned earlier, the prices rise with every 10k miles on the car, at the 5 - 15k, 25k, 35k and so on.

Factory Discount Warranty / Toyota & Ford of Greenfield
Fathers & Sons Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche
& Kia of West Springfield
Tel. 413-772-0989
Fax. 413-774-2247
Web. http://www.FD-Warranty.com
Old 08-05-2015, 03:09 PM
sjc_panamera
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping to get a better price on the contract or forgo it altogether.

I bought my Panamera Base (corporate lease return) with 24k miles in 09/2013 with about 25 months of factory warranty remaining. I needed a sedan to haul my toddler daughter around to/from daycare/preschool. I was completely ignorant about extended warranties and pricing tiers, and had I known what I know now, I would have bought a contract in a heartbeat.

Knock on wood, my car has been pretty reliable and trouble free. I just want the peace of mind of a warranty but not at such exorbitant prices. But if I only drive about 6k miles a year, is an extended warranty even worth considering?

This same local dealership had a CPO 2014 Panamera 4 with 7k miles (loaner vehicle) sitting on their lot for over two months. I was considering trading my Panny in plus $15-20k for it. Should have jumped on it but it just sold last week.

As it goes, hindsight is 20/20.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:11 PM
sjc_panamera
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Sam. I'll give Troy Dietrich a shot.

Quick Reply: Fidelity Platinum Warranty - Where to buy