Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your passenger side look like this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:11 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Asked my wife to help me wash the car when we 1st got it. Had her clean up her side to make a point... and it worked. Except now she gets pissed off when she notices finger marks on her side and wants to know who left them.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Philster
While we're bitchin' and moanin'...

Don't touch my glass, and...

Stay away from the shifter! Your leg has been bruised several times now, woman! Because when I am making a shift, only the car gods can stop that shift from happening! The last 4-5 shift almost cost you a knee surgery!

All in all, I'd rather have some lotion on my doors.

Yes, I totally forgot about that knee issue! Although those knees are nice, please give me the extar inch I need to shift 5th and 6th gear.

Oh, yeah.... when they decide to sit on their left leg... take your frigon shoe off and keep if off my seat! I'll take the lotion on the door as well but dont touch the glass, use my dash as a brake, and keep shoes on the frigon seat!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:13 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

You better keep opening the door for her too. She'll continue to think you're the perfect gentelman, but you know you're doing it because you don't want her to use the paint surrounding the door handles to sharpen her rings . . .
Old 07-10-2014, 10:12 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

My wife uses lots of moisturizer too. Worse is sunblock, in the summer. Constantly cleaning the silver film off my car and her X5. Glad I don't have leather there. I wouldn't be able to get it out.
Wife was either following a tar truck the other day, or drove through some wet tar. The passenger side was soaked and splattered with black goo everywhere. What a mess. Tried a clay bar. That took off the small stuff, but didn't touch the big stuff. Then lighter fluid, that was better, but too much rubbing. Finally, a gassy clean rag. That took it off quickly and efficiently. Left the rags outside to dry off. Super soaped the car again, and a coat of wax. Wife did offer to help clean the car after dinner, but the job was done. Double beer in a frozen stein, was my reward.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Dark Helmet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
You better keep opening the door for her too. She'll continue to think you're the perfect gentelman, but you know you're doing it because you don't want her to use the paint surrounding the door handles to sharpen her rings . . .
yeah... that would be my favorite trick ever...
Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, since we live in the desert, my wife bathes in sunscreen and it turns the seat and passenger door white. A little leather spray wipes it up though.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:15 PM
su_maverick
Advanced

My ex used to take off her shoes and put her bare feet on the dash of my daily. Im still trying to unscuff the plastic parts of it. It might be a daily but I like to keep it in as good condition as possible.

Of course, she always seemed confused when I would tell her to not slam the door
Old 07-13-2014, 11:27 AM
911SSSS
Track Day

Ha, here's a couple that will drive you wild
My then girlfriend decided to help me clean my windows and used a 'brite' scrubbing pad, first time in the sun and there are a million tiny scratches in the windshield, off to the glass place for a new windshield.
Or riding with the top down while she is eating an ice cream cone and there are globs of ice cream flying around the interior at speed.
Then she brings her french bull dog in the car, ever see a bull dog sneeze?
Time for a new girlfriend you ask? Nah, married her, now she and the bulldog ride in the A7.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:39 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SSSS
Ha, here's a couple that will drive you wild
My then girlfriend decided to help me clean my windows and used a 'brite' scrubbing pad, first time in the sun and there are a million tiny scratches in the windshield, off to the glass place for a new windshield.
Or riding with the top down while she is eating an ice cream cone and there are globs of ice cream flying around the interior at speed.
Then she brings her french bull dog in the car, ever see a bull dog sneeze?
Time for a new girlfriend you ask? Nah, married her, now she and the bulldog ride in the A7.
Nothing in comparison when your kid throw up, after getting too much icecream . Half processed sour milk smell in a car - it is brutal.

But, all cleanable. So the moral here is the same - it is just a car. If it is dirty - clean it, use some fabreeze and keep going.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

My wife actually said that with the top down in my old Boxster, her makeup would blow off !! wha?

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Quick Reply: Does your passenger side look like this...