Sponsored by:

Time for more aggressive DE brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:54 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyonrs4
mdrums, I left this plate in on my last pad change and I see you noted that you have removed it and do not use it at all, is there any downside to not using the anti-squeal plate? I too have not reinstalled the brake sensors and simply zip tied them out of the way.
This plate is only there to aid in no squeal coming from the pads. However in the 9 years I've been doing this I have never used this plate when I re-install the OEM stock pads for street use and never had a squeak from my OEM stock pads. Also the plate since it's only metal can and will transfer heat from pad to caliper so I have been told....I never used it so no worry about that with me.

Yes you can zip tie up the sensor but I like a clean look and less wires hanging about so I went to my local dealer and he gave me 4 used sensors from out back and I cut the wire 1" from the plug and soldered the 2 ends together and melted some rubber tubing on the end and plugged back into the wear sensor port. Nice and clean no wires tied up.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:09 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Great info here!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Yes you can zip tie up the sensor but I like a clean look and less wires hanging about so I went to my local dealer and he gave me 4 used sensors from out back and I cut the wire 1" from the plug and soldered the 2 ends together and melted some rubber tubing on the end and plugged back into the wear sensor port. Nice and clean no wires tied up.
Great tip - I'll give it a go next time!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:50 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake951
Another vote for the PFC08. I run them on both track and street. They are quiet on the street...only an occasional squeak under light braking. I don't bother to constantly swap track and street pads.
Mine shriek like a banshee - the hotter they get the worse it is.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:20 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyonrs4
I am running Performance Friction 08 compound pads, they are awesome, provide a nice initial bite and have a lot more stopping power than the stock pads. They seem to be rotor friendly so far, I have been running them on the street too, a bit of a squeal from time to time with light pressure but not too bad.
+1. PFC pads are excellent pads for the track and they usually don't require a 'breaking in' period. They're also surprisingly good for normal street driving. Most of the guys i raced with over the last few years ended up switching to PFC's. You can check them out with a search on the Racing Forum.

Quick Reply: Time for more aggressive DE brake pads