Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having a brain fart on the name of the product but I had all my vehicles done 2 years ago with a film that goes on the outside of the windshield. It blocks UV/Heat and stops rock chips. Stopped doing it when I got to California as it was mainly to prevent smashed windshields from lose gravel but the product is brilliant. Used it for years and never had a broken or chipped windshield. Great UV and heat resistance as well.

I'm 95% sure it's called Clearplex.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:47 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Tymong
The windshield "tint" is 100% clear. No color at all.

It is called Solar Gard Ultra Performance.

The lady said they cut out a square so you can replace your inspection and registration sticker.

Think I am going to give it a shot.

Car was so hot today I could barely touch the steering wheel and shifter. And, that was with a towel over both of them!

Ty
Just remember Texas is going to one sticker (combined registration and inspection) so you'll have an empty square. Don't forget one for the toll tag too.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:09 PM
QToronto
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering getting my front windshield tinted, is there any bubbling issues with the 3M 3m crystalline? Has anyone had issue with the electronic toll machines reading the transponder?
Old 07-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tymong
Perk10,
How long have you had it?
Can you tell a heat difference?
Would you do it again?

Is it a pain to clean?

Thanks
Ty
Ty,

I have had it on my Porsche for a year but have been using full windshield tint since 2001. I always continue to do it again not just because I like the look but because it cuts the UV rays and makes sunny driving much easier on my eyes.

I wouldn't say that it is a pain to clean. I just make sure to use Stoners which is tint safe and dry it quickly. As far as heat goes, I KNOW that it helps for heat. A friend and I conducted an experiment and found that my car was 8 degrees cooler after sitting for 4 hours in the sun. I know this doesn't sound like much, but it keeps the harsh rays off of the dash and the leather never gets to that burning hot to the touch feel.

I would absolutely recommend it! Just make sure that the installer is someone who knows what they are doing. Windshield applications are NOT easy and I have seen some disasters. And as far as your stickers go - just put them on the tint, no need to have cut outs. It will be fine. I promise

John

Quick Reply: Front Window Tint