Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your car hesitate?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014 | 02:49 PM
PhilD
Pro

Originally Posted by utkinpol
that is identifiable - with K&N if that is the conical one inside of engine bay timing goes bananas when it starts to suck in overheated air from engine compartment. those conical filters that are inside of the bay only work well if it is a forced induction car, turbo or supercharger, and all air goes in via intercooler so it does not matter if you have proper CAI or not. for NA cars it is critical to suck in all air from the outside to maintain timing.
Yes and no. Clearly in the case of the K&N something is way wrong. I have the twin Fabspeed setup now and have no performance issues. I have monitored intake and ambient temps with the factory box and Fabspeed and at any reasonable speed there is no difference. There is a difference at idle and very low stop and go speeds, but this does not seem to have any impact on performance.
Old 07-03-2014 | 05:03 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Look up recent thread in gt3 forum - guy recovered gt3 car and pulled dyno runs with that kind of a conical filter and then with a proper cai.https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...me-07-gt3.html

Quick Reply: Does your car hesitate?