Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best DRL and Rear LED Lights for 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 01:55 PM
mp5o
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

User "fishcake321" on ebay has a complete LED upgrade kit on ebay for ~$1100, however, if you email him you can do it through a direct Paypal transaction for $1000. It includes front LEDs, side marker LEDs, and the depo rear LED taillights.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:13 PM
wardrive
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts

Hey Guys

So I ordered Dectane rear LED from Orange. It took a while but overall the LED lights came in a niche box, fully, perfectly packed. I put the lights in....so simple and quick.

NOTE: be careful when take the screw off the bracket (connecting the lights to the car). You just need to loosen, not take off completely. I screwed it off and the bolt fell into the interior rear bumper. That took a while to find and collect.

Now onto front DRLs.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wardrive
Ynot, how do you order from Orange Tuning? Do you call them. I went to the website yesterday and notice that shipping does not include the USA. I was at this site: http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/
Sorry for the really late reply, I got them as part of a group buy on the other Porsche forum, we communicate via PM. Shipping was included at the time. The other forum is running another group buy if you haven't brought them already.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Rob_G
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ynot
Sorry for the really late reply, I got them as part of a group buy on the other Porsche forum, we communicate via PM. Shipping was included at the time. The other forum is running another group buy if you haven't brought them already.
Yeah, I got mine through the other board but note that the shipping was not included and if you're in Cali like me, get ready for some sales tax but still a good deal, I think.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:51 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

I have the full Del Rey kit....DRLs, rears (smoked) sides, and license plate. First class hardware and the install was free. Nice guys, a real shop, and they do excellent work.

Now I know it's not the .2 style lamp configuration but I like being different in a sea of conformity....no offense!
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2020, 02:00 PM
tegraphile
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 68 Posts

To add another data point. I did DEPO rear lights and eBay DRLs. I tried the eBay front parking lights, but found the white housing to look cheap, so opted to switch back to clear euro housing and added LED amber lights.

Quick Reply: Best DRL and Rear LED Lights for 997.1