Sponsored by:

why did you choose a 997.1 or 997.2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 05:06 PM
robh75
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eviligloo
For people that were deciding between the 997.1 and 997.2.....what ultimately decided it for you to go with one vs the other? was it budget? reliability? raw visceral feel? options and gismos?

I know the topic has been beaten to death but I like to hear feedback from specific people about why they chose one over the other.

The pricing is within $10k of each other which means the 05-08's are holding their value well despite the 997.2 and 991 being available. I guess that's a good sign but makes the decision between the two harder.

Thanks!
Go with the 997.2 no question. I went through this earlier this year. Not only the vastly updated electronics and updated looks with leds, etc., but more importantly the engine is so much better. You get the same 997.1S power as in a 997.2 non-S, and no IMS issues. Do the performance comparison with torque curves and you will come to the same conclusion. Better yet drive them both!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Smitten
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There's only one reason not to go with a .2, and that's $$. The 997.2 is a better car in a number of ways, and a few of those ways are significant.

I do appreciate what the guys are saying, those ones who were considering .1 vs .2 a few years back. The price delta then was very high and nobody knew yet just how much better the .2 was. Depreciation has closed that delta a bit more, making the .2 worth the extra cost to more buyers.

If you can't/won't/don't want to spend the extra money, the .1 is still a good car that you won't regret owning, and the .2 remains out there for your future enjoyment.

Quick Reply: why did you choose a 997.1 or 997.2?