Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why I despise dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:58 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO, where to go for repairs is a regional issue as well as a "what's wrong with it" issue.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:44 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 171 Posts

Would you like cheese with that? Would you like to supersize your meal? Isn't that what pretty much every single fastfood/burger place does? They never tell you how much something is going to cost you unless you ask. Seems like P of Arlington is using the fast food business model.

It just seems to me the incentives in place at dealerships aren't aligned with maximizing customer satisfaction. I don't understand why it's a choice between maximizing customer satisfaction and corporate profit. They really don't have to be mutually exclusive.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Charolastra
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sniff
All my research revealed the going rate to mount and balance tires at the major tires chain stores (Firestone, Mr. Tire, etc) here in the Washington DC area was around $30 per wheel. I think that is pretty reasonable considering DC has one of the highest costs of living in the country. So for Porsche of Arlington to quote me $300 for just two wheel is beyond obnoxious.

The tires I bought are Bridgestone Potenzas which are N rated . . . not sure why there would be liability issues.

Sean
Sean,

Where'd you end up going to get this done, if you don't mind me asking? I just recently replaced my rear TPMS* (*I"m living in Arlington, Va), and my indy quoted me $300 just to replace them. ARGH! It sounds like your tire shop experience is better than mine.....appreciate if you let me know, as I will need to replace my rear tires soon (PM is ok). Thanks!

Quick Reply: This is why I despise dealerships