Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 Cab (Rejected by Insurance Company)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 10:29 AM
porterror
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself and my wife are literally not even visible. No accidents, claims, tickets, nothing. Should probably knock on something. I'm getting best rate from progressive right now. Geico close 2nd by $30/6months.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I live in NJ, have 2008C2S and no problem adding to my Allstate policy. I was told they would not insure a Turbo, though. Insurance rate seems to be reasonable. I have been with Allstate since I was 18 years old. I am 60 now and after shopping for lower rates over the last several years, I have found that no one can match them. Perhaps because I am a long term customer? I have also heard about horror stories with some of the "discount " insurers if you get into an accident or get a ticket.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:53 AM
JayRace
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a good record see if Ameriprise is available in your area through Costco. I would bet they are substantially cheaper than any other option mentioned in this thread. They saved me a grand a year on house and cars with better coverage then Allstate. They were also great to deal with when I needed them.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:13 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrer
I live in NJ, have 2008C2S and no problem adding to my Allstate policy. I was told they would not insure a Turbo, though.
My insurance company won't insure the turbo either. They double checked the VIN on my C4S and had no issues insuring it. The Turbo is too rich for their blood I guess.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Don't take it personally or try to understand the logic. It's just an actuarial algorithm that, while rather complicated, really can be best understood (but probably doesn't function as) a series of "if - then" inputs. Your driving record and age could be just one of perhaps 100's of variables (which may include the Zip of where you live, type of car, number of claims / losses due to claims; hell maybe even the color versus number of accidents for all I know - point is, you could get through 99 lines successfully and the 100th may be "VIN starts with a W" and you'll be rejected). In the end, there will be someone who will insure you, some people, through no fault of their own, just have to search harder.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:46 PM
dalancroft
Racer

Originally Posted by ATLDiver
I'm with State Farm, they had no issues. In fact, insurance on my Cab is less than my wife's Acura....go figure. Glad to hear you finally found your car.

ETA..no claims and no points for both (knock on wood.)
Same here, we have AAA and it costs more to insure my Audi Q5 than my wife's 911 Carrera S Cab. They're both 2011 model years.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

I have had Allstate for 25+ years. Never a problem insuring 2 Porsche 911's. GEICO's rates are lower because if you have an accident and there are personal injury to yourself you must have your health insurance policy pay your medical rather than GEICO paying them. They will ask if you have a health plan and if they will cover medical in case of an auto accident. You then should call your provider and ask. Cigna is mine and they said they do pay medical bills if I had an accident when I looked into switching from Allstate. I staying with Allstate.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:02 AM
swordsmn
Instructor

Been with State Farm about 30 plus years. Never the cheapest, but they've treated me well (home theft many years ago). Their service has been stellar. They gave me a very good rate when I added my 05 Carrera.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:30 AM
ropo
Intermediate

As one whose profession exclusively deals with claims against insurance companies in Florida, I would rank GEICO and ALLSTATE at the BOTTOM of the barrel, with STATE FARM only slightly above them. Certainly at various times GEICO and ALLSTATE will make an effort to low ball their insureds on property damage claims. State Farm tends to be a bit better organized and slightly more fair.

Better (fairer) companies would be PROGRESSIVE and ESURANCE. (ESURANCE is a company associated with ALLSTATE but seems to have a different business model for claims handling practices).

BEST group would include: The HARTFORD, CHUBB, LIBERTY MUTUAL, SAFECO, TRAVELERS.

These are my thoughts only after dealing with these carriers for 30+ years in South Florida.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ropo
As one whose profession exclusively deals with claims against insurance companies in Florida, I would rank GEICO and ALLSTATE at the BOTTOM of the barrel, with STATE FARM only slightly above them. Certainly at various times GEICO and ALLSTATE will make an effort to low ball their insureds on property damage claims. State Farm tends to be a bit better organized and slightly more fair.

Better (fairer) companies would be PROGRESSIVE and ESURANCE. (ESURANCE is a company associated with ALLSTATE but seems to have a different business model for claims handling practices).

BEST group would include: The HARTFORD, CHUBB, LIBERTY MUTUAL, SAFECO, TRAVELERS.

These are my thoughts only after dealing with these carriers for 30+ years in South Florida.
I will stick with Allstate. They have never given me a problem. Years ago, when my daughter's car was involved in an accident, they cooperated fully on where and how the car was repaired. OEM parts only and with a first class body shop.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:19 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrer
I will stick with Allstate. They have never given me a problem. Years ago, when my daughter's car was involved in an accident, they cooperated fully on where and how the car was repaired. OEM parts only and with a first class body shop.
+1... Allstate has served us well over 27 yrs without issues. Very accommodating over numerous claims and they used OEM parts. I got to know my agents and take them out to lunch a few times per year. FWIW, our highest claims were on our prior M3: $14K in flood damage(engine replacement) and then $15K in auto body, frame, and engine repairs.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

There is only one decent insurance company and that is USAA.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:53 PM
ropo
Intermediate

USAA is indeed decent! And, I'd put them towards the top of the list.

As to those who like Allstate, I'm glad you've had positive experiences.

I can only tell you my experiences with them based on representing claimants for the past 30 years in Florida. I would not recommend them to anyone! (In fact, I once represented one of their claims representatives who'd been involved in accident and had insurance with them. They unnecessarily and unfairly put her through the ringer).

Rob
Old 05-12-2014, 11:19 AM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Para82
There is only one decent insurance company and that is USAA.
[chanting] USAA! USAA!

They've (USAA) always treated me well. Before that, I had State Farm until I was 26. Grew up in their corporate headquarters town. Moved to Houston at 26 and went to agent to get policy renewed. They said they wouldn't renew me because I had a speeding ticket that I didn't report. I wasn't aware that I needed to report anything (assumed they did that themselves and/or just wasn't generally aware of the requirement).

Switched to USAA. Will never use State Farm again even though my mom worked there for 26 years and I have friends who still do. </bitterness>
Old 05-12-2014, 11:26 AM
swordsmn
Instructor

After that I don't blame you a bit. Guess I haven't had an " unreported ticket"

I would have never thought to notify my insurance co. that I'd been a bad boy.
Anyone know if that's still their "policy"?

Originally Posted by iammulva
[chanting] USAA! USAA!

They've (USAA) always treated me well. Before that, I had State Farm until I was 26. Grew up in their corporate headquarters town. Moved to Houston at 26 and went to agent to get policy renewed. They said they wouldn't renew me because I had a speeding ticket that I didn't report. I wasn't aware that I needed to report anything (assumed they did that themselves and/or just wasn't generally aware of the requirement).

Switched to USAA. Will never use State Farm again even though my mom worked there for 26 years and I have friends who still do. </bitterness>

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 Cab (Rejected by Insurance Company)