Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why I don't believe in both feet in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Gotta be willin to pay "some way" when racing

Last edited by Mumbles; 05-12-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Adding to the fire here:

1) PDK street cars don't have both feet anything.
2) If you don't put both feet in during a spin, there is a chance your will be going backwards in a forward gear. I only stayed at a Holiday Inn express, and that seems like it could have a bad ending to me.
3) If you drive on the track and haven't ended a 360 going the right direction, we'll, you're not trying hard enough. You might actually be faster at the end of it than catching a crazy tank slapper.

-td
Old 05-16-2017, 12:45 AM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Holy three year old thread resurrection batman!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:04 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Backmarker
Holy three year old thread resurrection batman!
hahah! And wow! I have no idea how this turned up on my unread thread list! It literally popped near the top. Damn you internet!!!

-td
Old 05-16-2017, 09:14 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
Both feet in for safety. If you spin and I'm following, I can pick a safe line if your path is predictable. For that to occur, you must keep both feet in.
​​​​​​
This. Two feet in isn't to save YOUR motor or YOUR car, or YOUR lap. It's about saving OUR car when YOU have run out if talent.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

Went Lemons racing this weekend and there was a ton of oil on the track on a turn after two cars smashed each other up. Needless to say I went Two feet way in as I spun more than a 360 then purposely rolled off the track into the grass. Everyone behind me got around except for another guy that hit the oil. He desperately tried to save the car but managed to make the situation worse as he was just going side to side on the track and managed to take himself out as well as one other car.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:32 PM
dennis macchio
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreeing with Fred. the longer you work at "catching a car", the bigger the problem gets, and the less options you have for correction. Anyone ever involved in racing understands the need for parachutes. It is part of the science of driving to know when to hold em, and when to fold em. Many more options to survive, and/or minimize the mistake, when you know your limitations. And before the wiseguy questions my credentials, I suggest you don't. The point of no return is different in every circumstance, but to suggest that you never "bail" on the correction really is ignorant. On the other hand, you never stop working until you are stopped, and moving again. Big difference from what you are saying.........

Quick Reply: This is why I don't believe in both feet in!