Sponsored by:

Caliper rebuilding components

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:54 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Caliper rebuilding components

RacingBrake offers a complete caliper rebuilding components for your Porsche calipers.
https://racingbrake.com/porsche-4/

Our one piece stainless steel pistons are chrome plated and will never corrode like OE aluminum piston, never separate or crack like OE, and transmit only about 1/10 of heat comparing to aluminum pistons which substantially reduce the chance of boiling your brake fluid and save replacement and down time.

We also offer silicon (blue) boots for high temperature condition w/o being burnt out like OE boots.

All parts are in stock ready to ship.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 04-22-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

PM me prices for GT3 6 piston fronts and stock Carrera S 4 piston rears. Do you have a do it yourself guide? I'm handy but not sure what tools are required.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:23 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Here is a link to a DIY guide, you would need an air compressor to push the pistons out. It's a relatively simple and straight forward job to keep your calipers in top shape.
https://racingbrake.com/instructions/

The rebuild kit also comes with high temperature grease, you can also contact our tech supports for assistance.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 04-22-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

For anyone who is interested,
click here for our complete list of rebuild applications for Porsche models.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 04-22-2020 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:46 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Your catalog has items for a 997.1 only or my eyes are failing me. Are the brakes the same for the 997.2? I thought they were not. Do you sell items for the 997.2
Old 05-05-2014, 08:37 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Your catalog has items for a 997.1 only or my eyes are failing me. Are the brakes the same for the 997.2? I thought they were not. Do you sell items for the 997.2
Some of our applications may need to be updated but our caliper rebuild offer covers all 997 models.

If you are uncertain just confirm year and model, or better yet confirm piston sizes used in your calipers so we can provide you with the correct kit.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:41 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Default High temperature dust boots

For customers who track often and use their brakes heavily, the dust boots can get burnt out in a few laps or less than one track day. In response we have developed a high temperature dust boots (Blue color) for this purpose.

As the pictures shown, both boots have the same exact dimensions but the black boot (on left) is made of EPDM material which is brake fluid resistant but only good up to 300F.

On the right is the high temperature (blue) boot which is made of Silicon material and is good up to 450F but it's not resistant to brake fluid so you must be careful avoiding the contact from brake fluid otherwise the boots will break apart.

So please be sure you make the right selection when ordering. Our system is default to standard boots with high temperature boots as an optional adder.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 04-22-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:48 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Here are some Q&A re dust boots. Originally posted in GTR forum
http://="http://www.gtrlife.com/foru.../#entry1087252
Q: Why do my caliper boots keep burning down on me after track events?
A: Because OE boots are not made for high heat environment so they can easily get melted under high temperature operation.
Q: Do I have to replace them?
A: Every component serves its purpose. The boot can shield the "heat" from getting into your brake system and ‘brake dust” to your pressure seals. Ignoring them can lead to more replacement in brake fluid, and down time in caliper rebuild.
Q: I heard some members suggested just leave it, by referring to most racing calipers don't even come with dust boots, is this a valid recommendation?
A: I can’t verify how true that is (racing calipers don't have dust boot) but keep in mind that those professional racers are racing for their sponsors, so they absolutely don’t have to care for the maintenance & replacement cost like you guys. It's also conceivable that those calipers are specifically made for racing purpose, by eliminating dust boot feature means cutting down the development cost and time.
Q: Is there a way to get around so the brake dust can be shielded but w/o having to watch out for replacement.
A: RB calipers are designed with “built-in” dust seal which eliminates the replacement headaches.

Q: How does your dust seal compare to OE dust boots for durability and installation.
A: Our dust seals literally never need replacement unlike boots type which requires constant replacements; installation is much easier than boots if ever needed.
Q: It seems those replacement boots are in short supply from dealers, do you offer them.
A: RB seals and boots are made with our own tooling and material. They are in stock for your calipers and we guarantee to perform and outlast not only OE but any other aftermarket replacement components.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:46 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

All caliper rebuilding components are in stock.

We are also working on PORSCHE screen for a full caliper rebuilding service including new powder coating and silkscreen.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:06 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Have you checked your calipers lately?
Old 06-18-2015, 04:22 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Default High temperature dust boots

Our high temperature dust (blue on right) boots protect your pistons from dust and shield heat for a lower brake fluid temperature brake system.

For regular tracking - Use black boots on left (good up to 300F)
For heavy tracking - Use blue boots on right (good up to 450F)

Our chrome plated thin wall cut stainless steel pitons repacing OE's complicated set up (piston/seal inside piston), and convert your OE caliper to a high efficient, less components with a much lower heat transfer rate than OE's Aluminum pistons.

Link for the complete Porsche caliper rebuild components:
http://www.racingbrake.com/category-s/7185.htm
Old 11-11-2015, 10:53 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

We are adding new satisfied customers every week by helping Porsche owners tuning their calipers and improving their braking performance.

Ensuring your brake at peak performance, check your calipers on regular basis, and don't wait until they break.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 04-22-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:23 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Winter is a great time to rebuild your calipers with worn and torn seal & boots or damaged/corroded pistons and bring a new life to your calipers they deserve.

Friendly ordering system with caliper pictures which will lead you to the items you need to positively identify the components by piston sizes.

A few clicks is all you need to get those quality and "simplified (piston)" components specifically made for track performance.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 04-22-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:34 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Updating caliper rebuild thread.

Originally Posted by vandersmith
Got the call from John at Goldline that the Calipers were ready. Couldn't believe how they turned out.

The new seals and pistons from RacingBrake looked great by themselves, it wasn't until they got into John's hands that they really began to look incredible.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 234 Posts

Hey RacingBrake,

I would prefer to have you guys do the job:
do you offer a "full service" package: replace pistons + dust covers + re-paint calipers?

Quick Reply: Caliper rebuilding components