Factory Windshield (Front) - UV Protection

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
Did look at ClearPlex and I know besides the $1K+ for the windscreen there are the seal issues. I worry though that for almost $300 for the product plus installation they only offer a 1yr warranty. Did you have any issues at all with the screen bubbling or anything?
No problems with bubbling. They offer an extended warranty to 2 years when you register your warranty. The way I understand it though, is the windscreen is still covered beyond that time as long as the Clearplex is on it. You do have to wax it with a product from them about every 30-60 days. I can tell you it has saved my glass numerous times, especially on my Cayman track car.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:13 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
UV is already there.
My Photo grey prescription eyeglasses don't darken when in the car.
Even if left on the dash.
That's correct. Regular glass stops almost all UV rays. As you said, that is why your Transitions glasses don't darken while in the car, or at least very little. That is also why you don't get a sunburn riding around in your car with the windows up.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Putting tint on the front windshield when done right looks really sharp. On my 997 I have 35% on my front windshield and 15% on my sides and rear.

On my Boss I have 35% on the front windshield wand 5% on the sides/rear. The 5% is too dark and i'm actually in the shop right now replacing it all with 35% to match the front windshield. This will keep the sunlight down a bit but will keep a clean more factory look.

Quick Reply: Factory Windshield (Front) - UV Protection