Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does porsche not require dealers to upgrade software on all pdk cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 03:51 PM
millertimefl
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No PDK here but dealer charged me 1 hour of labor to update my DME software on my 2010 C4S. I noticed a lil smoother revs and no more 2700 rpm variocam thump.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Vape NYC
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
I was at the dealership and asked them to plug my car into piwis, check my software version, and update it if a newer version was available.
I said the same thing to the dealer I took mine to 2 weeks ago, and of course they said everything was up to date. Thanks for the info. It would be great to be able to see the exact revision number they installed for others to be able to ask for the same one and confirm.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:57 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

That what i am saying dealer does not just update the software. By the way there is another topic on pdk software and to me it mentions ridiculous prices for a software update.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:31 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

I think it is important to remember the ECU and PDK are intelligent, adaptive, learning systems and the software update wipes the memory of both systems placing the car in full-on learning mode. Sadly, proper procedure has us training our cars to be a little sluggish. Proper break-in when new included a lengthy babying period and every day driving entails lower revs until the oil is up to temp. Driving the car as it was meant to be driven can become a rarity if you are not conscious of it.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

This is exactly the same information that my P dealership service manager told me. I am not going to mess with my 09 4S PDK. Not without a compelling reason to look into it.

Quick Reply: Why does porsche not require dealers to upgrade software on all pdk cars