Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other Valentine One mounting options

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 04:52 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,200 Likes on 767 Posts

Pulled things down today to make a few cuts to make a more pleasing shape. The excessive initial bending converted a stress fracture into a break so I had to add a splint. But here are a couple of pictures to help anybody who wants to refine the idea.

Nothing special about this. A bit of time with a drill press, vice, hack saw, and a few files is all it takes.
Attached Images   
Old 06-02-2020, 06:30 PM
bfrank
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Pulled things down today to make a few cuts to make a more pleasing shape. The excessive initial bending converted a stress fracture into a break so I had to add a splint. But here are a couple of pictures to help anybody who wants to refine the idea.

Nothing special about this. A bit of time with a drill press, vice, hack saw, and a few files is all it takes.
Nicely done. The "nothing special" does not apply to me as I possess none of the required skills or tools. If you can figure out a way to do this for a 19 Cayenne, I will gladly compensate you. I understand this may not be possible without the car itself. Anyway, good job.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:15 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,200 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by bfrank
Nicely done. The "nothing special" does not apply to me as I possess none of the required skills or tools. If you can figure out a way to do this for a 19 Cayenne, I will gladly compensate you. I understand this may not be possible without the car itself. Anyway, good job.
I'd be happy to give this a go. Material is cheap and my time is free.

I would want your car on site to measure the roof line and verify the hole required for the visor clip. I've no reason to believe it is the same as the 997.

But seriously, this is not rocket science and the tools are simple and cheap!!!
Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 AM
bfrank
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be happy to give this a go. Material is cheap and my time is free.

I would want your car on site to measure the roof line and verify the hole required for the visor clip. I've no reason to believe it is the same as the 997.

Thanks for offer. Unless you live near Indianapolis, doubt it will happen. No worries.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:31 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Said the rocket scientist!!
😉

Quick Reply: Other Valentine One mounting options