Sponsored by:

Cheap, Easy Hardwired Bluetooth Integration for 997.1 PCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:53 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 575 Likes on 344 Posts

hi racetwin

if you have those pictures still re install, i would be much obliged! thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by Racetwin2
I have ordered one from eBay and got it last week. I mounted it on the left side behind the center console and fastened it with velcro. I put the side of the control unit with the LED so that it is easily visible from the outside. Just in case there will be some connectivity issues in the future and I need to see the LED status.

Decided to go for soldering all connections and put self-fusing tape on. Now I am just waiting for the antenna adapter cable to arrive and then I will spend even more time in the garage (winter & snow here now)

I put the microphone close to the ceiling near the rear view mirror. Will remove the ugly clip and make a more clean installation later. It was quite easy to hide the microphone cable in the window lining / A-pillar and then behind the carpeting in the footwell and behind the foot pedals. Has anyone found a better location where it looks clean?

I placed the phone button on the flat surface on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. Made sure first that the button is visible when sitting straight.

Thanks for the support from all of you

I can add pictures with details if requested.

Quick Reply: Cheap, Easy Hardwired Bluetooth Integration for 997.1 PCM