997.2 And My Weight Loss Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:45 AM
targaC4S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
SSWalters

I'm 5o 5'10" and 175 lbs. I take my lunch to work almost every day. Salad, a protein, and some coloured vegetables. apple or another fruit for desert.

what you have to watch is "after a few cocktails" that will be your biggest weight loss helper. Cut back on the booze. Perhaps only 3 days a week.
Two glasses of white per night x 7 days.... @150/glass = 2,100 calories per week. 15 minutes on the treadmill will burn 150 calories depending on your weight and age and BMI.
So to break even, for your 14 glasses of wine per week you should be on the treadmill 210 minutes to break even for the booze you are drinking, or 3 1/2 hours per week.

I cast no stone from my glass house.
While I agree.....The problem here from the wine is not the calories! The problem is the SUGAR. Cut your simple carbs and sugar intake and cut your weight. Skip the treadmill and go outside. Run for a minute then walk for a minute. Your metabolism will do the rest. Good luck!!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:08 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep it going, update us every other week or so!!!!!

I have the 911, but am losing weight as well. I lost another 2 pounds last week. I agree with someone who said bring your lunch to work, that has been a huge difference for me. Cut out the Sugar also, especially sweets like candy/soda, it kills you.

Think about how much more that 911 will mean to you!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:42 PM
uffrank
Intermediate

Default I did the same thing a year ago!

You can do it. I was weighing 255 and decided I needed to get my health in check. I have two small kids and want to be here to watch them grow up. I never fit in a Porsche before so never thought it was a option. I set my eyes on a Aqua Blue 09 S Cab w/ PDK. That became my goal and I would not be denied. I lost 75 lbs in 7 months using a local personnel trainer program in Tampa, FL called Formula55. You can check out there website formula55.com and look under success stories for Frank. It didn't hurt that there were great looking ladies in class! Then I got to my goal weight and had to find the perfect car. It took me another 3 months to find the one for me, but now I am the happiest person I know. And my kids and wife love the top down driving in "daddys race car".
Old 02-19-2014, 01:00 PM
sswalters
Intermediate

Ok, down 5 total. Not great, but making small progress.

Quick question. Found a certified car that I like. Pictures look clean and the price is right. However, the dealer internet sales guy is asking for a $5000 non-refundable deposit and complete payment within 72 hours after. I am planning on flying to the dealer to look at it in person, and if all is good, pay for it and drive it home. I'm fine with a refundable deposit pending a personal inspection. But $5k non-refundable sounds crazy to me. Am I missing something?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:15 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Nope, you aren't missing anything. It is crazy as long as you aren't asking him to hold it for an extended period of time before you can get there. No way I'd recommend anything non-refundable.

If spending the money to fly there isn't proof enough you are seriously interested then I don't know what is. I'd ask if a snapshot of your ticket showing you are coming is proof enough of your interest.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by sswalters
Ok, down 5 total. Not great, but making small progress.

Quick question. Found a certified car that I like. Pictures look clean and the price is right. However, the dealer internet sales guy is asking for a $5000 non-refundable deposit and complete payment within 72 hours after. I am planning on flying to the dealer to look at it in person, and if all is good, pay for it and drive it home. I'm fine with a refundable deposit pending a personal inspection. But $5k non-refundable sounds crazy to me. Am I missing something?
First, if you are interested in a car that is non-local, give a shout and see if a fellow member/user is near the car and wouldn't mind taking a quick look and check it out. Considering that we are mostly enthusiasts, it's a fun to go and look at cars and you'd be surprised at how many people would do this if they are located relatively close to the car.

Second, car salesman are like fisherman. They bait their hook and toss it out there and see if there are any nibbles. A $5K non-refundable deposit, sight-unseen is asking rather a lot. What's more, unless you have a relationship with a salesman it is a big leap of faith asking them to hold on to a car while you make arrangements to fly in. I'm not saying that that isn't the "right" thing to do, it's just that if they don't know you, and someone walks in and offers them what they are asking, they are going to go for the certain sale rather than waiting on someone who, even though they are flying in, may or may not buy the car.

At the end of the day, Porsche's are like buses, You miss one, another one will come along.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:24 PM
sswalters
Intermediate

I agree with all of the above. I'm willing to lose a shot at the car before I'm willing to lose $5k on a car I may not want when I see it. I didn't think of asking someone to take a look at it. The car is in the Northern VA / DC area. Would anyone have time to run by a take a look - and actually want to do this? I'm happy to share more details.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:26 PM
sswalters
Intermediate

Jumped on the scale this morning. Down 7.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:51 PM
BogdanR
Instructor

Good for you man!
I've been on a diet for four weeks and I lost 3 weeks... :-)
Old 02-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 539 Posts

Hopefully someone in the D.C. area comes through for you.

If you come across one in the Cincinnati area I'd be glad to help.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:53 PM
sswalters
Intermediate

Thanks guys. I obviously didn't put down a non-refundable deposit. So, I'll learn tomorrow if the car is still available. If so, I'm planning on flying up to DC on Wednesday to drive it home. (Or fly back, if something doesn't feel right). I do like that it has two more years of certified warranty.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:42 AM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by sswalters
Thanks guys. I obviously didn't put down a non-refundable deposit. So, I'll learn tomorrow if the car is still available. If so, I'm planning on flying up to DC on Wednesday to drive it home. (Or fly back, if something doesn't feel right). I do like that it has two more years of certified warranty.
Is it the 997 for sale at the Audi of Arlington dealership?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:22 PM
sswalters
Intermediate

It's at Tyson's Corner. Silver 09 cab. On hold now for Wednesday. Flying up there!
Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 PM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 61 Posts

Sounds like a fun trip to take! Hopefully everything checks out.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

well,

that was interesting.

thank God you're not trying to strip weight out of a 997.

my best diet advice...... breakfast; 1 large banana, coffee ok.

lunch: whatever. but, mix in 2/3~a full pound of celery.

optional; eat most that celery in your car or private space to avoid the embarrassment.

before dinner snack: 1/2 pound of raw carrots.

don't matter how. or exactly when. just do it.

dinner; 1/3 portions of your normal dinner and 1/2 pound more raw carrots.

at what point hunger arrives after dinner: 1 medium or large chocolate Frosty from Wendy's.

best appetite destroyer ever.....

weekends and all days off; 8 ounces of prune juice with the morning banana.

work that 1.5~2 pounds of raw veggies and a couple of multivitamins into your daily eating

and of course, the 6~8 glasses of water - and get ready to enjoy the bugwagon.

Quick Reply: 997.2 And My Weight Loss Challenge