Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast Pedals Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wonder why Suncoast has them listed for 99 to 04's and not all cars....
Old 03-11-2015, 02:03 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Chip

Right? I was looking for new pedals on my '12 GTS. OP has an '09 according to his sig.

Just for piece of mind, can other confirm these will work for the 997.2 manual models as well?
Old 03-11-2015, 03:27 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 69 Posts

How do you like these metal pedals when your shoes are soaking wet?
Are they slippery? I find the rubber pedals dangerous to use under the rain (when you enter the car with your soils dripping) and do not even want to imagine what it could be with metal.

Not everyone lives in the desert or California.....

Yves
Old 03-11-2015, 03:50 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yvesvidal
How do you like these metal pedals when your shoes are soaking wet?
Looks like you are a bit confused. These are aluminum bases with rubber studs that protrude from the metal by about 4mm. So, your foot would only ever touch rubber. Because there is less surface area compared to the stock pedal surface, you'll encounter more friction with these pedals; they are less likely to slip in both dry and wet conditions.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:32 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 69 Posts

Got you!. I thought these were holes in the aluminum.

Yves
Old 03-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Right? I was looking for new pedals on my '12 GTS. OP has an '09 according to his sig.

Just for piece of mind, can other confirm these will work for the 997.2 manual models as well?
Further - would they work for a .1 model.... but I can't see why they wouldn't.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:53 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Chip
They used to list these for all the 997s, I see how now they dont. Id suggest contacting them and asking what changed.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:23 PM
GTSilverGTS
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sebBo13
Just installed the Suncoast pedals. They look awesome and like previous posters said they make heel toe shifting much easier, especially if you have long legs and tip the gas with the outer edge of the foot rather than doing a true heel toe shift. After installing the Fister exhaust, and the "new" black wheels I think I have to sleep in the garage tonight. I just can't stop looking at her ...

That really does look nice. I'm very tempted to make this my next project.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:21 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

THANK YOU for putting this together. Definitely do the brake first and the lowest screw/bolt first. Then do the top two. I tackled the pedal install this morning but went for black pedals to match the interior better. I could only find them with white lettering so got an art supply store to color match an extra fine paint pen to Guards Red for $4. You'd never know it wasn't OEM even up close. Also, the hardware that came in the package is garbage. Buy your own.

For the brake and clutch pedals I used 6x 2.5mm hex key M4 -.70x16 bolts (tapered flat head) in black along with 6x nylon lock nuts also M4-.70.

For the accelerator and dead pedal I used 6x standard black wood screws with round heads to match the look of the round rubber grips on the pedals. Then cut every screw to 1cm. Otherwise, mashing the pedal to the floor may get the screw tip jammed into the plastic base giving you wide open throttle all the time and brown trousers.

Pedals I bought for $40:

Mine installed:

Full cost was $50 including the pedals, paint pen and hardware.
Seat belts and gauges are Guards Red too. So it looks ah very niiice. :highfive:
Old 04-12-2015, 11:49 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
THANK YOU for putting this together. Definitely do the brake first and the lowest screw/bolt first. Then do the top two. I tackled the pedal install this morning but went for black pedals to match the interior better. I could only find them with white lettering so got an art supply store to color match an extra fine paint pen to Guards Red for $4. You'd never know it wasn't OEM even up close. Also, the hardware that came in the package is garbage. Buy your own.

For the brake and clutch pedals I used 6x 2.5mm hex key M4 -.70x16 bolts (tapered flat head) in black along with 6x nylon lock nuts also M4-.70.

For the accelerator and dead pedal I used 6x standard black wood screws with round heads to match the look of the round rubber grips on the pedals. Then cut every screw to 1cm. Otherwise, mashing the pedal to the floor may get the screw tip jammed into the plastic base giving you wide open throttle all the time and brown trousers.

Pedals I bought for $40:

Mine installed:

Full cost was $50 including the pedals, paint pen and hardware.
Seat belts and gauges are Guards Red too. So it looks ah very niiice. :highfive:
Nice work man! They look GREAT!

Someone above asked about them being slick when wet...not at all! I had the same concern. And the black rubber dots are actually molded into a mat that fits on from behind, giving a little something to squish as you tighten them and the dots will not fall out like some other brands. As far as fit, they are universal, no exact science here. Just mind the long screws in the throttle pedal as mentioned.

Quick Reply: Suncoast Pedals Installed