Sponsored by:

Sport Bucket Seats in Charlotte NC

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Sport Bucket Seats in Charlotte NC

Anyone in the Charlotte NC area have a car with Sport bucket seats I could sit in? I have located a car I would like to purchase but, it is over 600 miles away. I would like to sit in these seats to verify if they will work for me before I make a potentially wasted trip.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:46 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

You should post this on the 997 GT3 forum. That is where you will find guys with Sport Bucket seats.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

If you're concerned about originality then I would agree that trying them before buying is a good idea.

The alternative is to sell the seats if you don't like them. Current list price for a set of sport buckets new is $9200. You could easily buy any of Porsche's other seat offerings for less and pocket the rest.

From my own perspective I love the sport buckets, they are incredibly comfortable and supremely supportive when pushing hard through corners.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
If you're concerned about originality then I would agree that trying them before buying is a good idea.

The alternative is to sell the seats if you don't like them. Current list price for a set of sport buckets new is $9200. You could easily buy any of Porsche's other seat offerings for less and pocket the rest.

From my own perspective I love the sport buckets, they are incredibly comfortable and supremely supportive when pushing hard through corners.
Good advice, there hardly seems to be a glut of Sport Buckets for sale. I like mine too but if you are bony in the hips and back they can be a bit uncomfortable for longish drives (easily solvable by using a pillow or some other type of padding).
Old 01-05-2014, 01:52 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

At 5'7" I'm more concerned with being able to see over the steering wheel with the low seats than comfort.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:20 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm 5'9" but have a short torso and longer legs and the sitting height in the sport buckets in both the 997 and spider is perfect.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:36 PM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't let the seats stop you from buying. If you decide you don't like them after an extended test period you can very easily find a Rennlister willing to swap with you. You'll have your pick of any seat Porsche makes. The person swapping will be eager to deliver the seats, pay for the install and you'll likely have some extra $ in your pocket as part of the swap.

The one downside would be that if you wanted memory seats. If the car your buying had sport buckets optioned when new then it likely doesn't have the memory control on the door so you wouldn't get that feature if it matters to you.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:48 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Where can one see the prices of new seats (not sport buckets)? I've checked suncoast and they don't list them. The problem with swapping is I'd have to find someone with stone grey seats wanting to swap. I'd like heated sport seats, can the heating button be added to a car that doesn't have heated seats currently?

I'd still like to sit in the sport buckets to judge for myself. I'd be grateful to anyone in the area who could accommodate this request.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:17 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

I tried the seats and I am now a believer. PITA to get in and out of but, OH-so-good while you are in them.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

I've got more titanium parts in my spine than a cup car and I find they are very comfortable. They have great support.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:02 PM
jimjoe997
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

BrakingBad, I would have offered, but I didn't see this until today. (I'm in Mooresville). I've had the sport bucket seats for 4 years, and initially I thought I might have a problem, but I quickly grew to really like them. I am on the large size (6' 3", 225 pounds) and I wish they were a little wider. But, I find them comfortable, they hold well on the track, and have a very high cool factor. I've even learned to get in and out (it doesn't look very graceful, but it works for me).

Last edited by jimjoe997; 01-19-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-20-2014, 12:52 AM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Originally Posted by jimjoe997
BrakingBad, I would have offered, but I didn't see this until today. (I'm in Mooresville). I've had the sport bucket seats for 4 years, and initially I thought I might have a problem, but I quickly grew to really like them. I am on the large size (6' 3", 225 pounds) and I wish they were a little wider. But, I find them comfortable, they hold well on the track, and have a very high cool factor. I've even learned to get in and out (it doesn't look very graceful, but it works for me).
Thanks. Once I was situated, I really liked the seats. It felt like they used my body for the mold. I bought the car. I'm still working out the shipping details. I'll post a new thread with pictures soon.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:40 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
I tried the seats and I am now a believer. PITA to get in and out of but, OH-so-good while you are in them.
As long as you don't have any mobility issues with your body you'll find your stride. Took me less than a week to figure out what worked and I've thought nothing of it since. Wouldn't be happy with any other seat in a 911.

Quick Reply: Sport Bucket Seats in Charlotte NC