Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

In addition to the extended warranty coverage... CPO also requires that certain wear items are still up to par such as brakes, tires(must be Porsche n-rated tires), all original equipment - no modification to stock specs such as a suspension modification, etc. And that the car has no more than 3(I believe) body panels repaired. Depending on the condition of your car it may/may not pass CPO inspection. Did you happen to have a PPI, pre-purchase inspection, done by an independent shop? The PPI report should provide you with an idea as to the condition of the car. GL.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:05 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
In addition to the extended warranty coverage... CPO also requires that certain wear items are still up to par such as brakes, tires(must be Porsche n-rated tires), all original equipment .
One of my local Porsche dealers has a CPO 911 for sale with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The Super Sports are not N rated. I looked very closely to be sure, and they are Super Sports not PS2's.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:27 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
One of my local Porsche dealers has a CPO 911 for sale with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The Super Sports are not N rated. I looked very closely to be sure, and they are Super Sports not PS2's.
That's interesting... perhaps CPO requirements have changed which is not surprising considering what we've seen some over the years. Also promising indicator that MPSS may be acceptable to Porsche as an n-rate type tire... or this was an exception at your particular p-dealer. Good to track though so please continue to report if you see this type of MPSS acceptance from Porsche. TIA
Old 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
That's interesting... perhaps CPO requirements have changed which is not surprising considering what we've seen some over the years. Also promising indicator that MPSS may be acceptable to Porsche as an n-rate type tire... or this was an exception at your particular p-dealer. Good to track though so please continue to report if you see this type of MPSS acceptance from Porsche. TIA
My experience seems to indicate that each dealer treats the CPO a little differently. Here at the dealer in Dallas, I traded in my modded silver C2S for a 997 turbo.. imagine my surprise when I saw it advertised on their website a few days later with the CPO logo.. that car had a tubi exhaust, Champion wheels, & ceramic coated exhaust tips...

Quick Reply: CPO Question