Sponsored by:

Door Sill Carerra S Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 08:18 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffkilly
What is a NB car? I believe it was a Launch car and had bucket seats which i changed out for sport seats with alcantra.
That's why I asked about the seats. You have the same car as mine which is a 4S. The factory messed up your sills. How hard/easy was it to swap seats? I like the buckets and plan on moving them to my next car. Since there's no power at all to the buckets, I can see issues arising swapping them for any kind of power seat.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:18 AM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sandwedge
That's why I asked about the seats. You have the same car as mine which is a 4S. The factory messed up your sills. How hard/easy was it to swap seats? I like the buckets and plan on moving them to my next car. Since there's no power at all to the buckets, I can see issues arising swapping them for any kind of power seat.
Well. You came to the right guy with your question. Many folks, including dealers told me because I had bucket seats, that I had the wrong harness for electric seats. Well, they were all wrong. Thanks to a member (Alan) on this site, I found out that as long as the seats come from another 997.2 car, the seats electric adjustments will work. The only catch is, if the seat has heat and memory, those options won't work since our cars don't have the buttons installed. I swapped my Buckets for Sport seats and the electric recline works perfectly.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:35 AM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

And by the way, beautiful car!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:56 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Well. You came to the right guy with your question. Many folks, including dealers told me because I had bucket seats, that I had the wrong harness for electric seats. Well, they were all wrong. Thanks to a member (Alan) on this site, I found out that as long as the seats come from another 997.2 car, the seats electric adjustments will work. The only catch is, if the seat has heat and memory, those options won't work since our cars don't have the buttons installed. I swapped my Buckets for Sport seats and the electric recline works perfectly.
Wrong harness? I've been told that since there's no power at all to the buckets that there wouldn't be a usable harness for power seats period. The way you describe it there is a harness in there somewhere that will support power seats but not memory and heat. Correct?
Old 12-16-2013, 03:04 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

And by the way, beautiful car!
And yours too now that we know it's the real deal and not some kind of homespun garage invention.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Correct, it will support power seats. As far as heat and memory, we don't know if that too is in the harness under the seat. For all I know the wires could be pre-installed to where the heater and memory buttons get installed, but I would not bet on it.

It looks like your car has some exhaust sound improvements. Did you buy it that way or added since buying? I would like to possibly alter mine, but not sure of cost and don't want it too loud. I would prefer to have the ability to turn it on and off like with the PSE option.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Update: I let my local Porsche dealer know about the incorrect door sill plate and they contacted Porsche. My dealer was concerned that Porsche may come back and say I am the third owner and may not cover this as a factory error. Well, great news - Porsche is shipping the correct 4S door sills to my local Porsche dealer.

Thanks to everyones response on this thread, I had the confidence and knowledge base to let the dealer know this was a factory error.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-27-2013, 02:53 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Reach out to A.J. Merrifield... he installed a 3rd party illuminated door sill a few months ago. I can't seem to locate his posting re that mod. GL.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:35 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 110 Posts

There is a DIY here from a member that installed the illuminated door sill. I will look for that post later today.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

I am just going to have the OEM ones installed and call it a day.

Quick Reply: Door Sill Carerra S Plate?