Sponsored by:

HPFP questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 06:19 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default HPFP questions...

Took my 09 C2S in for service on the squeaky spoiler and mentioned the hesitation the car has around 2700 rpm, sluggish throttle in normal mode right off idle, etc. None of it major, just some little stuff I've experienced and that has been tossed around the forum here as well.

Anyway, of course they couldn't "reproduce the problem". But he did say the tech mentioned my car seemed to take a few more cranks to get started. Said it could be the high pressure fuel pump. BUT they can't warranty anything that's not throwing a code. Said to wait for it to throw a code then bring it back in then they could fix it...awesome...can't wait for that day. Wasn't there a recall for this?? Is there any way for ME to see if recalls were done on my car? Or I have to take the dealers word for it? Thought I read there was a recall for fuel pump and ECU update?

The spoiler motor is being replaced under warranty BTW.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Linnm
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Service Mgr or the Service Writer can check the VIN to see what recalls have been made on your car
ASK THEM TO CHECK!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

There is a recall on the high pressure fuel pumps.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:11 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Okay, I'll ask about the recall when I pick the car up tomorrow. I'm guessing if there was an open recall the PO would have done it. I've got another 18 + months of CPO so..... :-/
Old 12-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

The symptoms read exactly as they were described to me when at a dealer service department a few weeks back and spotted a car (I can't recall the model now (hey, things have been very hectic this year!)) and asked what it was in for. New HPFP I was told. And when I asked about the symptoms, well, they were just as you stated them.

I'd also advise you to check into this some more.

Stress you have lost all enjoyment of the car due to its behavior and you worry about your safety and that of your passengers should the HPFP fail and leave you stranded.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:21 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

I'll give it a shot when I go back today to pick it up. I would think if it was fixed under recall they FIXED the problem? Have there been failure after recall replacement?
Old 12-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Tsilnner
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Re the squeaky spoiler, I noticed mine (2009 911 S) making that noise when I put it up before a post-wash drive to dry the car a bit.
My dealer replaced the motor under under the basic warranty two years ago and the service tech mentioned that they had replaced several on 997.2s. Ask they how they serviced your spoiler.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:38 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

as stated above there were a number of failures in 09 cars and an eventual recall.

the slow cranking could be a # of things and not just the HPFP. Inquire about:
FUel pump
battery output
CLutch switch
Old 12-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by wheeler
I'll give it a shot when I go back today to pick it up. I would think if it was fixed under recall they FIXED the problem? Have there been failure after recall replacement?
Yes, based on my recollection of what I was told. A few of the replacement HPFP's are failing and these of course have to be replaced.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Just talked to the service adviser (waiting on my porter ride to go get my car)...he said my car DID have the HPFP replace in Sept 2011. I personally have not noticed the needing more cranks to get started thing...the tech noticed it. My beef is more with the minor hiccup it has sometimes around 2700 rpm...and the weird throttle delay the fly-by-wire causes (my opinion). I'll repeat...it's NO big deal at this point, it's very minor if and when it does it. Just some things you wouldn't expect in a $100k car I guess. I just heard a few guys getting ECU updates and other things...none of which my tech offered.

Also, they replaced the actual spoiler motor assembly. He said they can be lubed but Porsche wants them replaced because the lube draws dust and creates a mess...whatever...it's handled for now.

Quick Reply: HPFP questions...