Sponsored by:

GTS Production Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 03:56 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberay
Even more rare without centerlock wheels, which looks to be the case with yours. Mine too. 2012 Meteor Gray Cab, manual, with sport classics.
Yes, no centerlocks. I was going to buy a different GTS cab that had centerlocks. I liked the way they looked and asked the service manager if they were like my '67 MG that had wire wheels with centerlocks. I had a knock off wrench that came with the car which made changing the tires very easy. He said no, and that the car would have to be towed to a Porsche dealer to remove the wheel. I said no and moved on.

Fortunately, the only other new one I found in dealer inventory, and that was relatively close to me, ended up being my car with 5 lug nut wheels. The dealer said they ordered their two GTS 911s with 5 lug wheels because they felt the centerlocks were a PITA.

Last edited by beden1; 11-27-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

I love driving my "limited edition" GTS. Too bad more people can't join in the fun.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:13 PM
throttle13
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are the worldwide production numbers, unfortunatly I have no detailed Information regarding Colors and Extras. I was told that 70 and 80% were PDKs and between 2005 and 2009 (http://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911) 218.4431 Units (997) were produced. According to the anual reports from the Porsche SE, each year Porsche has produced between 34.386 (2005), 19.979 (2010) and 21.728 (2011) 997. I estimate, that Porsche made round about 260.000 Units. Compare this with the 2.656 RWD GTS and IMO you have a limited Edition.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:14 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Just came across this thread, hoping to find the number of cars made in the same general description as mine -

2012 GTS, manual, Macadamia brown,espresso sport seats.

I'd be fine with just knowing any of the above, past the 2,656 of the GTS production. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:06 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by Adams
Just came across this thread, hoping to find the number of cars made in the same general description as mine -

2012 GTS, manual, Macadamia brown,espresso sport seats.

I'd be fine with just knowing any of the above, past the 2,656 of the GTS production. Thanks for any help.
With those colors and it being a manual you may have the only one
Old 03-20-2018, 11:02 AM
Tyztoy
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I like going to Cars and Coffee and other events being the only 4 GTS there........
Old 03-20-2018, 12:51 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

For posterity:

Old 03-20-2018, 04:26 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
For posterity:
What's that source?

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:15 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
What's that source?

Thanks.
Amazon Amazon
confirmed by PAG too
Old 10-08-2018, 10:10 PM
912E
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Any guesses as to how many of the 1321 4 GTS made it to the states, and of those how many are manual?
Old 10-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
With those colors and it being a manual you may have the only one
Sorry for the ridiculously delayed response! I sold that car to a dealer who had a Macadamia with brown (non sport seat) but with Aero Kit. He said he was told there were 5 like his, but w/o Aero. So he also surmised mine might've been '1 of 1' although I have come across at least one other that was for sale about a year ago. For the record, he sold 'my' car again for $84k.

Originally Posted by Tyztoy
I like going to Cars and Coffee and other events being the only 4 GTS there........
I was at a Caffeine and Octane event in Atlanta this past weekend. Looked like 1,500 car there, around 30 Porsches... not a single GTS other than mine. (I already had a white PDK car when I got the one above.)

Originally Posted by nwGTS
For posterity:
That is great to have. Thanks for including!
Old 05-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Bknblk
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 GTS Cab in Ipanema Blue

Hello Everyone! This seemed like to perfect thread to jump in and get your thoughts. I have a 2012 GTS Cab in Ipanema Blue with black interior/top/Centerlock wheels and the pdk transmission. I have loved this car, but I just won an auction on a vintage car (I really didn't expect to win, lol). I need to clear out the 911, but I'm struggling to do that, because I have enjoyed the car, and I am starting to wonder if it might have more investment potential than some of my other rides. Does anyone happen to know the breakdown on production numbers by color and year? I know there are ~1800 997.2 GTS cabs, but I suspect there's only a handful of Ipanema blue examples, and there might be only a couple of cabs.

Alternatively, if anyone wants to make a strong offer on the car, I might just take it before I can change my mind!!
Old 05-12-2019, 08:42 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bknblk
Hello Everyone! This seemed like to perfect thread to jump in and get your thoughts. I have a 2012 GTS Cab in Ipanema Blue with black interior/top/Centerlock wheels and the pdk transmission. I have loved this car, but I just won an auction on a vintage car (I really didn't expect to win, lol). I need to clear out the 911, but I'm struggling to do that, because I have enjoyed the car, and I am starting to wonder if it might have more investment potential than some of my other rides. Does anyone happen to know the breakdown on production numbers by color and year? I know there are ~1800 997.2 GTS cabs, but I suspect there's only a handful of Ipanema blue examples, and there might be only a couple of cabs.

Alternatively, if anyone wants to make a strong offer on the car, I might just take it before I can change my mind!!
Wow! That is a stunner! I've never seen that color and it is beautiful. And do I see yellow seat belts?? How cool is that! Sure you want to part with this one??
Old 05-12-2019, 09:04 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bknblk
...I am starting to wonder if it might have more investment potential than some of my other rides... but I suspect there's only a handful of Ipanema blue examples, and there might be only a couple of cabs.

Wow, you’re all over the place. First, investment potential? Compared to what exactly? Hard to compare when you don’t provide the comparison info. 2nd, I’d say this car is meant to be driven, not held for investment. Porsche pretty much ruined that opportunity by making a GTS version of every car they build. Unicorn colors don’t add value, they limit your pool of “Investors.” 3rd, if you own multiple cars of some value, and bought another that you bid on which you didn’t think you would win, you’re probably not in a position to be investing.

And as for asking for a strong offer, that won’t be coming from this crowd until you post some details about this car. Offers from RL members only come after the car has been vetted. So if you want offers, post lots of details and many pics on a FS thread.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Bknblk
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the feedback! I'm truly just trying to find the production number of the Ipanema Blue for 2012 in the GTS Cab if anyone has the means to locate it.

I have attached the sticker so no one will have to take my word for the options. It's at 16.5k miles. The yellow belts were an aftermarket modification, and I do have the original belts in black. No wrecks or other damage to the vehicle, and she drives amazingly well. It is serviced by RAC in Dallas (formerly RUF for you afficionados). Recently, they told me that despite all the other amazing Porsches and exotics in their bays, clients would always inquire about this GTS because the Ipanema Blue stood out so uniquely.

This car even had its own right up in the Dallas Morning News, so its kind of a celebrity in its own right!
http://www.dallasnews.com/lifestyles...for-a-spin.ece
-Well Darn. It looks like the link is no longer active. Sorry.

Quick Reply: GTS Production Numbers?